*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833079-Welcome-Home-I-Wish-Youd-Leave
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1833079
A poetic piece of prose; a silhouette of a broken home. Inside: allegories and anagrams.
It was a constant front, where conscripted fighters fought for their home, their pride, and their sanity. The war was never ending, where battle after battle left the soldiers stationary. Virtue slipping each side in sharpened allegation. Masks carved of fabricated adulteration loaded a bow of miraged vindication. Feathers of unfathomable self servence covered and kept out even the thought of self scrutiny. Disillusions and accusations slowly led to blood and scars. With no escape, no place to gather thoughts, the predators cut deep in their words and the prey cut deep in their wounds. The head of the dragon, translucent in thought yet unremarkabley unaware- consequently barbaric in nature- barred teeth dripping of ignorance's flavor. Children fled, taking their memories of enemies to hidden places under the sheets in their rooms where castles made of blocks, spelling “crested lives” were knocked over to disclose “veild secrets” where dishonor masked in innocence fled in blinding light.
© Copyright 2011 Thick Ink (complexkarma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833079-Welcome-Home-I-Wish-Youd-Leave