*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833260-El-Diablo-Rosado
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Horror/Scary · #1833260
Who Knew A Key Could Lead To Such Trouble?
He weighted the key in his hands. It was heavier than normal keys were, and it was in the shape of a skull. He went to throw it on his bed but noticed the inscription, so he read it aloud “El Diablo Rosado,”

The room began shaking violently, throwing him to the floor. He rubbed his eyes when a door appeared where his poster of James Franco had been. He rose, and touched the door knob which was warm; when it swung open the room in front of him was filled with brimstone and flames.

In the center of the room was a desk, the chair behind the desk was turned. He moved closer, sweat poured from his body. “Hello?”

“Gabriel DeMarko, I have been expecting you,” The chair spun around and Gabe let out a small scream when he seen the librarian look that frightened every democrat, neigh every American who had half a brain cell. “No, no I’m not Sarah Palin; I just took the form that you find most evil.”

“What do you want me from me?” He asked, fear filling his voice more than he wanted it to. He brushed a strand of his dark hair back; his green eyes darted around the room. There was nothing but the flames surrounding him, and the orange light hurt his eyes so he focused again on the apparition, “I don’t have any money or anything. If you’re going to kill me, let’s just get it over with.”

“Just because I’m the Devil, everyone assumes that I am going to kill them. No, no, I am actually here to help you. I have heard your sobs and know your heart; things will be taken care of.” With a flash everything went black.

**


“Gabe! Gabe! It’s time to get up!” His mother was screaming from downstairs. Groggily he got out of bed and noted that his poster was back in its place. He shrugged off the events as just being part of a dream.

Quickly he showered, and grabbed his Spanish book. Everything seemed to be normal on his walk up to the community college where he attended school. The weather was warm, the sky cloudless, it seemed to be the perfect day.

He got lost in his thought and bumped into a cop. As he focused on what was happening around him, he was startled. On the other side of the cop was a crowd of people that seemed to be growing bigger by the second. He looked at the cop, who shrugged his shoulders, answering the question that never left his mouth. He pushed past the cop, and fought his way through the assembly and was startled by the sight that greeted his eyes.

Dominic Farr, a jock in high school, who had continued to torment Gabe, lay in the parking lot. His baggy jeans ripped, and a parking meter was shoved up his ass. The sawed off edge poked through his stomach, the flesh around the wound was red. His brown eyes were open wide, mouth hung open in an “O” form. Blood pooled around him, Gabe backed away from the scene sick to his stomach.

“You have to come into the school,” His best friend Nick informed him via a text message. Gabe took a deep breath as his phone vibrated again “You have to see this.
He sent a text back asking “where?” and he hurried inside the school. Certain that soon the cops would be asking questions about what had happened with Dominic; it was a sight that he would not soon forget. The pole being shoved so deep into his rival’s arse that it ripped open his stomach. Nothing would top that scene, at least that’s what he thought.

Once again he stumbled into a crowd, this one tried to push him back. However he found a way to move forward and let out a piercing scream. The blonde chick that had made fun of him, just the day before was hanging from the ceiling. Chunks of her skin fell from the ceiling; each chunk was covered in white worm like creatures.

Nausea swept over Gabe once again as he realized what the worms were actually were. Maggots, the flesh of this girl was being eaten by the children of flies, something was not right with the entire situation. More flesh fell, it landed right by his feet.
Doubled over, and his own internal contents came out of his mouth. Pieces of his dinner last night, what he remembered eating were visible. The puddle of vomit splashed as the flesh fell into it, causing Gabe to release more of the acidic liquid to be released from his mouth.

Dizziness took over his body, and he groped for the wall or something else solid that would hold him up. Someone finally grabbed a hold of him, and helped him stand up on his own feet. As his eyes centered on his hero, he found that he could not scream.
His ex-boyfriend looked at him startled. As if everyone walked around with a meat hook going from their right ear, through their brain. Blood trickled out, as did pieces of the pink substance that makes up that organ. “I know, I know I look different than what I did back when we were together. I guess working in the meat factory didn’t really agree with me. It’s a miracle that I’m walking around, but I’ll take what I can get!”

As his ex guffawed, Gabe felt the key pressing against his thigh. If he remembered his dream from the night before, there was never any mention of anyone dying, though he had thought of it. Dominic had tormented him for years, the blonde girl had used homophobic slurs against him and he had called her nothing more than a maggot. After the break up, he had questioned many times whether or not his ex, the one who had broken his heart many times over, had a brain. He whispered “El Diablo Rosado”

© Copyright 2011 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833260-El-Diablo-Rosado