*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833354-daily-flash-fiction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Family · #1833354
A child's first encounter with snow.
It was late at night and we looked out the window to see that it’s snowing. I ask mommy “are all snowflakes the same?” She looks at me for a moment thinking about what to say and then replies “No son not all snowflakes are the same they are all different.” I continue to look outside and watch the green grass change to a pearl white. Mommy walks over and tells me “time for bed,” and she picks me up and carries me to my room, lays me down, and tucks me in. As she gives me a hug and kiss, she tells me she loves me and that I can play in the snow tomorrow. When I wake up the next morning mommy has hot coco sitting on the table and she is waiting for me in the kitchen, we finish our coco together and we go upstairs to get dressed so I can play in the snow and ride my sled down the hill. I am dressed and ready within 10 minutes and mommy is still getting ready, I run around the house screaming “hurry mommy hurry, lets go before the snow leaves.” We finally get outside and to the top of the hill and as I get on the sled mommy gets on behind me and pushes on the ground and sends us flying at full speed, mommy tells me to lean but its to late we ran right into a tree sending us in different directions.
© Copyright 2011 christy.p151994 (pilandchristy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833354-daily-flash-fiction