*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833877-The-Creation
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1833877
A girl awakens to find that she is no longer in time, or place. She has to get home.
I awoke not where I was originally. I am scared, I have no idea what is going on. The air seems to be hazy, like I am in a dream. I hear this strange humming soud and as I look around I realize I am in a machine of some type. I realized that I was falling, fast. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing comes out. I try to cry for help but it is like my voice is being choked down by somehting. All of a sudden the machine stops moving, the door opens and I step outside into the barn. It is identical to the one right outside my house. I open the door and see my house like I always do. I go to walk towards it but something blocks me from moving. I start again and it lets me through. I have never been so confused in my life. I walk into my house but nothing is right. The furniture, wallpaper, flooring is all different. It is all ten times older. I call out into the house "Hello?". No answer. My voice sounds as if it is far away. I walk around the corner and up the stairs, I turn down the hallway and head toward the second door on the right: my bedroom. I stop in front of the door and place my hand on the door knob but I stop, I hear voices in side my bedroom and they are not my parents. I open the door and walk in but I see no one. I look again and there are these strange people. They look from the 1800's. It was weird, they both looked right at me but they couldnt see me. I went into another room and found a dress that was about the right size for me and I put it on. I looked at the walls and saw a photograph of a young woman who looks just like me. I suddenly realized that I had traveled back in time, but for what I dont know. It seems to me that there is something I am supposed to learn here. I walk back to my room and those people are there waiting for me.
"Where have you been? Have you been out with that boy? You know he is a disgrace! How dare you defile our family, and how dare you run off like that!" She was yelling at me but saw the confusion on my face and walked over to hug me. "We are only here to protect you, I dont know where you have been but I am glad you are home."
The man was anything but pleased, he grunted and walked out of the room. My guess was that they were the other girls parents. What I dont understand is why they couldnt see me before. It was like time was trying to protect itsself. I just didnt know what to do. I thinl that my lesson was learned I just saved this girls life. She wasa run away she was me. I didnt travel back I was confused. This my inner desires and I saved myself. I saved my life. I woke up exactly where I was as if nothing had ever happened. I walked out of my room and hugged my mother.
© Copyright 2011 LaMay Bollig (rutledgetiara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833877-The-Creation