*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833889-How-Did-This-Come-To-Pass
Rated: E · Short Story · Cultural · #1833889
The animals wonder who did it.
The animals were discussing the strange events of the previous night.

The donkey asked the question they all had, "How did this come to pass?  Last night, there was such peace.  Who was responsible?"

"It might have been one of the three who came from the East," suggested the ox.

"They were following a star," commented a sheep.  "As followers, I don't think they could be the ones."

"We camels came with them," said the lead camel.  "They are very wise men, but none claimed to have this power."

Since the camels seemed knowledgeable on this, all shook their heads in agreement.

The ox had another idea.  "Your shepherds guided you here.  Could one or all of them have done this?" he asked the sheep.

"They take care of us, but we've never seen them as leaders of men," answered one of the sheep.  "Besides they had help."

Since the sheep seemed knowledgeable on this, all shook their heads in agreement.

"The parents had to be responsible in some way," suggested the donkey.

"To be honored in their own way, Certainly," said the ox.  "But to bring such peace?  Unlikely."

Since the ox spoke so authoritatively, all shook their heads in agreement.

"You mentioned that the shepherds had help, could that be the responsible party?" asked a camel of the sheep.

"Those were the angels that guided our shepherds," said a sheep.  "They shone their light all around, but were celebrating what had happened, not causing it."

Since they remembered it that way too, all shook their heads in agreement.

"I know who did it," said a newly born lamb.  "It was the newborn child who brought peace to earth last night."

Since the lamb was the lamb of God, all shook their heads in agreement.

© Copyright 2011 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833889-How-Did-This-Come-To-Pass