*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833969-My-Heroes
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1833969
Growing up I liked a lot of things but Teletubbies were the most important ones.
         Back when I was about 4-5 years old maybe even younger, I had an obsession with one thing, Teletubbies. Growing up I always watched their magical show and came to love them so much I even made my parents pay a lot of money for me to get the toys of all of the characters. After I had them all, I was happy. I had them with me everywhere I went. All four of them lay next to me when I slept. I loved them.
         One day when winter came along my parents decided to go to a winter village in my country called Bakuriani. Bakuriani is a beautiful place with trees everywhere and hills from where you can see lakes. The mountains were the biggest things in the world when I was no higher than my mothers knee. This was a magical surrounding to me and, as you can guess, for my "buddies". Those weren't the only ting that I had though. I also had a brother and a cousin there whom I could play with and laugh with. Every evening after my family, my Teletubbies and I were done with skiing we would go back to that small cottage we had and rest. The cottage had two floors, it was made all out of wood and was shared by my parents and brother and my cousins parents and him. The children mostly were upstairs and after hours of fun with sibling and cousin, the Teletubbies and I wanted to go downstairs. And since we were not old enough to walk everywhere on our own my mother accompanied me to the stairs. As we were going down... I slipped. I went crashing down with my toys and on the bottom of the stairs there was a stray nail that I could have impaled myself on. If it weren't for my Teletubbies who saved my head. My ring finger on my right hand got impaled though. And then I got up and when my parents checked if I was okay or not the saw blood. Blood rushing from my ring finger and it wouldn't stop. Turns out most of the meat on my finger was hanging off my finger. Luckily there was a doctor in the village who saved me and I wouldn't have survived the stitching if it weren't for my toys.
          Now those toys are god knows where. I lost them many years ago. Heroes forgotten by time. Forgotten by one person who truly loved them. They were once more important to me than food but now they are gone.
© Copyright 2011 Zezzie Aragvi (zezvaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833969-My-Heroes