*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834085-Beyond-The-Horizon
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1834085
A fiction about a young girl who has just pass on and transcending to life after death.
      She had just woke up to a beautiful day. The sky was clear and the morning sun light filled the area. As she walked out to the balcony, Lea could feel the sandy wooden plank under her feet. She unlocked the latch and stepped out to the beach, while feasting her eyes on the shimmering blue ocean in front of her. The warmth of the sand and sound of the waves calmed her senses. Lea felt as if she was experiencing a symphony of peace. She found a spot under the shade of a coconut tree, where she decided to sit. As she observed, it seemed like Lea was the only one in this beautiful paradise. Fair and vibrant skin, Long dark hair and clad in a white dress, Lea was beautiful. Lea completed the scene like a final piece of a beautiful jigsaw art.
      Moments later, a man approached from a distance. He seemed to be in his middle age, dark skin with white beard. The man looked like a native to the island, dressed simply in a dark blue shirt and a white short. He sat right beside Lea.
"How are you doing, dear?" asked the man with a deep and comforting voice.
"I'm alright". Lea answered calmly, while her eyes still set at the scenery. "It's so beautiful here". She continued after a short pause.
"I know. I built this place". The man said with a light smile and a little sense of accomplishment in his voice. "I'm glad you like it". The man continued.
      Lea stood up and slowly walked towards the shore. She sunk her feet into the white sand, closed her eyes and waited for the arriving waves. As soon as she felt the warm water swirl around her feet and retreated, she realized that everything about the place was comforting and peaceful. Lea wasn't sure if she was ready to leave the place yet. When Lea opened her eyes, she noticed the man standing beside her.
"Do I have to leave from here" Lea asked with a slight grunt in her voice.
"My dear, when the time comes, we all have to leave to another place. And there is always Hope for a better place". The man explained.
      She looked down at her feet and continued to walk along the shore. The man accompanied her.
"I have no regrets coming here you know, but it's just that I miss my family and friends". Lea spoke while she was still walking.
"Well, I'm sure you will be meeting them soon enough. Time runs very fast around here, though it may not look that way". The man said.
Lea wondered for a moment before she asked, "Do others come here too?"
The man replied, "my dear, this place is special to you and only you".
      Lea continued walking in silence until she reached a wooden boat with a pair of paddles in it. She ran her fingers along the sides of the boat while inspecting its condition. Lea knew that if the boat wasn't new, it was at least well taken care of. The wood on the boat looked old yet it was solid.
"Is this yours?" Lea asked the man.
"Yes, you can say that. but I don’t really use it". The man said.
"Then, what is it doing here". She asked again.
"That’s your ferry to the other side dear, when you choose to leave of course". He replied.
"Will you be taking me there?" Lea was curious.
"My dear, I will always be there with you, but it is you who have to paddle your way there. Trust me, you will be surprised of what you are capable of".
      Lea looked into the man's eyes for a moment. She immediately felt assured of his words. Lea climbed on to the boat and made herself comfortable. From the boat, she stared at the small wooden house she had come from earlier in the day. Moments later, Lea made her decision.
"How do I get to the other side?" Lea asked.
"Your destination is beyond the horizon dear. When you get there, you will know it".
© Copyright 2011 KelvinSamuel (kelvinsamuel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834085-Beyond-The-Horizon