*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834524-A--last-chance-at-Happiness
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Adult · #1834524
A chance for one young girl to get happiness.
Natasha Chapman had just found out that she would be sent to yet another foster home. Her social worker Claudia Wilson had just been told by her current foster parents the Porters that her behavior and the fact that she had just recently been diagnosed with bipolar as well as multiple personalities was becoming a problem for them. The porters felt that they couldn't handle her special needs anymore. Tasha had been with the porters for almost 8 years but now they had to consider the other children in the house. Tasha's outbursts and behavior had become a problem. Tasha had never known who her real parents were since they had given up their rights in the hospital the day that she was born. She had become a ward of the state that day. When claudia had told Tasha that she would no longer be staying with the porters, she was ok with it because she told her that she didn't feel like she was getting any attention anymore from them since there were too younger kids in the house now. So tasha went back to the group home that she had lived in before she had been placed with the porters.
It wasn't long after she had made herself back at home at the group home when claudia had come across another foster family that had recently signed up with the agency. The Connors had recently applied to become foster parents. Cari and Matt were in their mid 30's and they were both teachers up in montreal canada. Tasha was at the age where she was very influenced by her peers and her friends. She had recently been put on meds for her bipolar but they were still working on meds for her multiple personalities. The Connors were fully aware of that as well. They very much wanted to give tasha a home where she would feel safe and get what she really deserved in life. The Connors lived in British Colombia but they also worked in Montreal Canada. The Connors had a house where she could go horse back riding whenever she wanted. Her room-mate and best friend Madison Torrington was jealous of the fact that she was being adopted. Little did either of the girls know but they would meet again very soon. Tashia realized that her friends and peers were part of the downfall of her behavior. She wanted to start a new life with her new adopted parents. Right off the bat she started calling Cari-mom and matt- dad. Neither of them had pushed her to do that. Tashia said that the connors were the first real family she felt comfortable with in a very long time. Not that the Porters weren't a real family but she felt like an outcast with them.
Little did Tashia know though but she would soon meet some new friends that would change her life and not necessarily for the good either.
© Copyright 2011 rebecca newman (rebecca2010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834524-A--last-chance-at-Happiness