*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834594-My-Love-for-a-Monster
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1834594
Im not too sure why but I'm sort of in love with this :)
         He leaps so gracefully from off of the rooftops and grabs her neck so violently yet so beautifully. I watch him stare into her eyes as she shivers in fear, oh how I long to be her, to be locked in his gaze, to have his hands around my throat. I see her struggle for a moment or two, why would she want to get away? I see him mouth something to her as she screams for help. I'm half tempted to slap her, she doesn’t ever realize that he is beautiful. How could you be so paralyzed by fear when you're in the presence of such an amazing creature? I could die in his gaze and be completely content with my dying. So I watch, with pleased eyes, as he rips her throat out with his teeth. I smile as her blood splatters across my half hidden face behind the bushes. Am I mad? No, I am simply in love with a vampire.



         He seems so sheepishly at peace with what he was forced to become. If only he knew I can look past what he is, what he does and how he must live. I would let him live off of me if it meant being with him for only one second more. I can see the hatred in his eyes, how he thinks of us humans. He more then likely believes that we are just a game. Some inadequate objects placed on this earth just for his pleasing. I couldn’t agree more. What was the purpose of our existence?



         I went to sleep that night dreaming of his translucent skin. I could literally feel the cold penetrating though my hands as I ran my fingers across his cheek. I woke up and felt a presence, I was unsure of what it was but I knew someone or something had to be in the room with me while I was dreaming. I hoped it was him and the thought of him knowing of my existence kept me awake the rest of the night.



         I decided to take a walk since I was unable to sleep. I couldn’t get rid of the thought of him. I must have walked for hours trying to dismiss my feelings because, it was almost daybreak when I stumbled upon a large field. In this light, this field was by far the most beautiful place I have ever been, and immediately, it reminded me of him. The soft shades of pinks, blues and greens created a sense of comfort. I walked through the field slowly, taking the time to consume the beauty of each flower, leaf and rock I walked past.



         I walked home late that night, thinking of my family and friends, who I have not seen for months now. I have been completely obsessed with him, I had forgotten about everything else that I loved. What was weird is that I didn’t seem to really mind that I haven’t been myself for months now and that I did not even notice.



         The next day I went back to the field, I figured that this level of beauty was the closest I could ever get to him. I went about picking flowers, when out of the corner of my eye I saw something. This something, tall and lean, with pale skin and suffocating eyes. It was him and I believed he was in the middle of a hunt. I squat down into the pink, blue and green flowers as fast as I could, hoping I would not distract him from his meal. In an instant with one graceful leap, he was at my side, holding me by my throat. That is when it all hit me. This was all just a game, I was an inadequate object placed on this earth for his pleasing and he had lured me in, just as he had that poor innocent girl before. But I didn’t scream, I just glanced at the floor, disconnected from the moment, content with the fact that those flowers, now the most beautiful living things on the earth, being the last things I would ever see.
© Copyright 2011 Tricia Banning (trish224 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834594-My-Love-for-a-Monster