*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834952-Knowing-the-Enigmatic
by Matt J
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1834952
A continuation of spiritual ideas previously explored.
Knowing the Enigmatic




When we talk about knowing the enigmatic, we are not saying that an analytic proof can establish its existence. What we are saying is that it is something we can become familiar with in our experience. The question naturally arises: how can we know something which is a mystery in itself? Though we can’t ever fully grasp it, we can approach it. It is so much greater than us though that trying to assign it human qualities only limits it.

The enigmatic, this mystery which is the source of life and Being, permeates us and the world around us. This is how we come to be familiar with it: we focus our attention and open up to that which lies in the deepest recesses of our souls. When we do begin to approach it, we find ourselves stunned. We are stunned at the novelty it brings to experience and the way it shakes our spiritual foundations to the core. We must remember, though, that this is only a glimpse of something much greater than our experience would lead us to believe. This is so because we approach the enigmatic, and find ourselves always being drawn closer to it once we have acknowledged its place in our lives. So, there is no limit to the experience of the enigmatic. There are no constraints to experiencing it, expect for those that our own limited being imposes by virtue of our very nature.

The role of the enigmatic is to show us compassion, true beauty, and give us a sense of justice. Are we then to say that these qualities belong to the enigmatic itself? The answer is no. Here we are speaking of mere human compassion, beauty, and justice. It is a matter of how our minds interpret the enigmatic as human beings. Though we can learn compassion, beauty, and justice by opening up to the enigmatic, it goes beyond these things. It transcends mere human concepts and is something which we can never truly describe.

When we feel the enigmatic piercing our being, we are filled with a great sense of content and completeness, and we carry these qualities with us wherever we go, through whatever we are doing. This leads to the idea of living with grace. To move, walk, speak, and listen with grace is to allow the enigmatic to fill the cup that is our being. Soon enough, this cup cannot contain this mystery we have come to know, and begins to overflow. This overflowing represents our sharing the enigmatic with others. We can no longer keep it to ourselves, but we must let it spill over and then it can be seen in everything we do. This is the true meaning of living gracefully: being in tune and filled with that ultimate source of Being which cannot be named, the enigmatic.

© Copyright 2011 Matt J (rev0lution00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834952-Knowing-the-Enigmatic