*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835709-Transformation
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1835709
This is flash fiction (227 words) - horror story contest entry.
Matthew looked out the window at the Haunted House. Nobody had lived there for years – or ever, as far as he knew. The windows were broken and appeared as empty eye sockets in the skeleton of a building. Suddenly, a man appeared and walked up the pathway. He went into the house, then a minute later reappeared. Matthew gasped.

He examined it more closely, and almost fainted at the unmistakeable sight of long pointed fangs. Be rational, he told himself. But as he looked again, he couldn’t deny the shiny teeth, pallid complexion and sweeping cape of a vampire.

Quickly he decided that he would investigate. He picked up a garden stake and some garlic and called his best friend.
“George! Meet me at the Haunted House ASAP, I’ve seen a vampire!”

Matthew walked up the driveway of the Haunted House and looked around. The vampire was not there. He looked around the side of the house. Nothing. He stood on the doorstep and peered into the house. Nothing. Building up his courage, he opened the door and stepped inside. Nothing there either. The vampire was gone.

Suddenly, Matthew felt his teeth enlarging. Glancing down, he saw two horrific fangs protruding from his mouth. Something brushed against his leg – a full length red cape.

When George arrived, he saw a vampire gliding silently out of the house.
© Copyright 2011 Complexity (complexity97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835709-Transformation