*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836097-The-Hide-of-Some-People
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1836097
This is a flash fiction (144 words) in the sci-fi genre, about aliens.
“We’ve been invaded!!” my younger brother shouted, racing around in circles like he was chasing an imaginary tail. “Aliens are arriving and taking over people’s bodies!”
Poor misguided fellow. Everyone knows that aliens aren’t real.
“Why would they do that?” I asked, trying to placate him.
“World domination! We’re all going to die!”
He must have heard one of those crackpot conspiracy theories.
“That’s not true. People would notice if their family was replaced by aliens.”
At that moment our mother arrived home. She’d fix this; our mother doesn’t like hysterical behaviour, especially not over nonsense like this.
“Mum!!!!!” he screamed. “Earth is being attacked! There are aliens inside people’s bodies!”
I waited for the inevitable exasperated outburst to set him straight, but it didn’t come.
“Oh, didn’t you know, dear?” she said, ripping off her skin to reveal a repulsive green extra-terrestrial hide.
© Copyright 2011 Complexity (complexity97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836097-The-Hide-of-Some-People