*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836130-Haru-Haru
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1836130
A part of LOVE is SACRIFICE.
PROLOGUE

“Everything’s gonna be alright,” Julie said with a weak smile on her face. With Brian’s emotionless reaction, she gave him a tap on his shoulder for assurance.

Julie, a girl who love a boy, but she sacrificed their relationship before it hurts them to bits. She thought that this is the better way to handle things than to let him suffer the pain.

“So, here are the lovers, who actually betrayed me,” Ivan exclaimed in a browbeat voice. He gave them derogatory looks and left the place with his perks.

Ivan, he is the man whom Julie loves much. Because of their break up, he changed into a rebellious, bad boy.

It took days for them to meet again, different place, and different time. But the same people, the same heartaches.

“Oh! Long time no see. Is it been a while since we talked?” Ivan looked straight to Brian’s eyes and said, “How are you, THIEF?” then he looked to Julie, “Who are you? Oh, I remember. You’re just a crap. I can found a new you.”

With Brian’s uncontrolled anger, he pulled back Ivan and punched him in the face. Ivan was about to punch back but he was stopped by his friends.

“You don’t know anything so SHUT UP!” Brian said.

“What do I need to know?” Ivan asked that leaves an awkward silence on both sides.

“Let’s go,” Julie whispered as she squeezed Brian’s hand.

“Got to go? Or got to make out?” Ivan hoarsens.

They didn’t fight back, but instead left Ivan in that place, the place where they first met.

Days, weeks, and months have passed with no signs of each other’s shadows.

“Are you ready?” Brian asked as he held Julie’s hand tighter. “Live for us, especially for...”

“I’ll try to hold on,” Julie interrupted, trying to avoid the most hurtful name.

“It’s time for him to know,” but she shook her head, “It’s better for him not to know, now that everything’s got to end.”

The doctor signaled the male nurses to deliver Julie to the Operating Room.

“Can I talk to her for a while? For the la-a..,” he sighed, “Can I talk to her?” and the doctor nodded.

“You gonna make it, right?” Brian asked for the last time. “If he wants to know about me, tell him that I’ll wear the ring until my last breathe,” and she was delivered inside the Operating Room.


Minutes and hours passed.


I couldn’t handle it no more, Brian told himself and tried to call the girl she love’s love one. His conscience was slowly killing him.

On the other hand, Ivan, no signs of him, even no news from him, was sitting on a sidewalk bench. He was trying to forget the woman he loves wholeheartedly.

“I can’t,” he whispered, “Why? Can I just kill myself to forget the pain?” but a phone call disturbed his momentum.

“Don’t speak, just listen,” said the person on the other line, “Julie loves you so much. She will even jump a building for you. She loves you so much that she allowed herself to be hurt that you to suffer in the end. She is now in the Operating Room and the heart transplant was killing her to death.”

Ivan was dumbfounded, and all he knew, he was running towards the hospital.

Every step he take, he think of the times they we’re together.

Their very first date…

First monthsary…

Even their 100th day…

The small things they make just to keep them in touch.

Like calling each other just to say, “I Love You,”

Or even go out in a park without any reason.

Their heartaches…

The trials in their relationship…


“Not now, Julie. I can’t still handle.”

“She holds on a memory she never regretted,” words that echoes in his mind.

He reached the hospital and saw the doctor outside the room. Before he could make a step, Julie was delivered out of the room. There, he saw a smile from her face.

In his disbelief, he kneeled down in front of Julie and touched her face, “I’m sorry.” His tears fell down. He held her hand and said, “I Love you from the first minute we met…”

“But… Is this Goodbye?”


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


EPILOGUE

“There are things that really happened for a reason and we should accept it.
But how can I accept it if I don’t know the reason?”


Eloy Sa C.

“Now, you may kiss the bride.”

As the veil opened, I saw a tear from hear eyes, but happiness in her lips. She’s so beautiful today and I bet everyone can tell it.

I closed my eyes and pressed my lips unto hers. The crowd shouted for happiness. Then I opened my eyes and came back to reality. The reality that…

She is gone…

I was hurt; I felt my heart was broke to pieces because of the fact that we can’t bring her back. The fact that we can’t go to the altar and utter our vows to live forever. We can’t have our own family.

“Congrats Bro. It’s been three years that you want this to happen.” Then I gave him a friendly punch in his stomach.

“Yeah, three long years. But still, we can’t forget her, right? She was the greatest,” then he tapped my shoulder, “See you in the reception?”

“Maybe I’m just a little late. I have to go and meet someone,” and I pointed my heart.

He opened his mouth like he was going to say, ‘ahhh’. “Say Hi for me.” Then I left.


They said everything happens for a reason. I truly and strongly believed. There is a reason Julie and I met in that theme park while I was eating a cotton candy and she was crying. I innocently asked her what happened but she didn’t even tell me a word.

It was six years ago that we really first met. It was quite long before, luckily I still remembered it. How about you Julie? Have you remembered it?

Do you remember how our first conversation goes out so well that you almost got annoyed of me?

You even told me to get out of your way but I didn’t. Because the first time I saw you, I felt heaven. I felt happiness.

I was shocked when you went to the park to find me. Your eyes were drowned because of your tears. Your lips were so white like the coat you were wearing. And your hands were cold like the soft drink we drank on that day. I was asking myself if you were feeling the same way like I feel. I keep asking myself that why are you here by my side. I keep asking myself that if God gave me a sign that you’re the one.

But I  failed. You weren’t there to say sorry or even to ask my name. All you need is a companion all the times and you found out that I can be one of them. I listened even I don’t know what is really happening around you.

I’m proud of myself that I had the guts to ask you for a friendly lunch the next day, even you refused. But you gave me your number to ask other time. And that’s how I got your name, Julie Williams.

The night that you gave me your number, I hardly memorized it. I’m too poor in memorizing things, but fortunately, I memorized yours, even your sweet face. I memorized it to little figures and drew them out on a sheet of paper.

The next day I woke up with your face next to mine. I couldn’t believe that I draw out your face from my mind.

Days and weeks, I felt different. It was because of you, Julie Williams. I never thought that because of you, I went back to college because you told me we’re in the same school but we have different fields taking up.

I studied all about machinery and you took up photography. You even ask me if I can be your model. But because I’m shy, I refused. I’m sorry Julie. I’m sorry I broke your heart that time.

I thought you won’t talk to me ever again because of that incident. I thought that you’ll avoid me forever because I of my silly attitude. But the day after you asked me, you came to me and offered lunch in our cafeteria.

I was really happy at that time. I don’t know how to express it. You may not see it outside but deeply inside, my heart was loudly pounding.

As the time goes by, I’m slowly but surely falling in love with you. Every day when we are together, we talked about the happy things happened in our lives. Even the minute things like how your cat scratch my face or what did you received in your birthday when you’re at five. I felt I was there in each scene. I felt that I was watching you from a far at that moment. I felt how my heart was slowly beat every time I hear your laugh, or saw your smile or even your text.

A month after our happy moments, I saw you with a guy, and he was Brian. I knew his name because we’re taking up the same class. You didn’t even tell me that he was your childhood friend, that he came from Korea and get back all way here just because he missed you. But I just wished that you told me that you only treat him as your brother. A wish that never happened.

I end up staring blankly on the bench on the theme park where we first met. I end up hopeless. I saved all the guts just to tell you this feeling I’m feeling inside. I saved all the right words so I can’t spoil the moment to tell you what’s happening inside my body that always beats when you are around. I saved up everything just to tell you everything.

You came to me with a worried face on the night you heard me that I was drinking liquor in the bar near the park. You even wear simple jeans and simple shirt that really looked very nice on you. I saw a princess when you came, did you know that? But that princess broke this abnormal heart.

I thought that you are worrying for me because I’m only your friend. But all I thought was wrong, there in front of everybody, you confessed all your feelings toward me. You even explained that Brian was like your brother. I was happy, that my wish was granted. I even cried like a crybaby and I regret everything because I judge it too early.

You told me everything, the feeling when you saw me coming. You told me your heart was pounding out loud. But behind those beats you heard, you also heard another beat but playing the same beats as yours. You told me that it may be mine but I didn’t show any clue.

But after all those words you confessed, I was dumbfounded, and words slipped out of my mouth instantly. I told you that were my heart that beats for you. I even told you that I got jealous because of Brian. I told you the nights when I’m uttering your name. I saw your face that you were also shocked. I saw your face how you felt happy because of this. I saw your face you were crying for happiness.

And starting that day, we we’re officially together. Unlike my other relationships, I felt really different. Even my family was amazed that I was acting so differently these past days. I just told them that it was all because of you, and they’ll meet you in the right time.

Days, months, even a year has passed. And we’re still together, strongly committed to each other.

But the day that you treated me really different was the day before our second year anniversary. You don’t show much effort on that day. I want to ask you what’s wrong but my pride tells me not to. I disregard what you are treating me because I don’t want to spoil anything on that day, our day.

Days have passed and still you treat me the same way. I really don’t know what’s going on that is why I have the guts to ask you. I thought I can help but it turned out differently.

You told me that you love Brian. You told me that you like him than me. You we’re happy when you are with him. You are more attracted with him, and you wanted to be with him forever.

I was hurt again, really hurt that I slapped your face. It wasn’t my intention to do it but you just cried and said, “I’m Sorry.”

Can a ‘sorry’ erase all the feeling I’m feeling right now? Does that word can erase you from my mind too? I really can’t believe that I’m encountering this problem with him again.

I want to kill him so that you will love me again. I want to throw him back to Korea so you will forget him. I even planned to kidnap you, but no. My heart tells me not to.

Love makes you stupid, really. Because I can’t kill Brian, I want to kill myself. If I’ll kill Brian, you’ll be sad.

I believe that those entire things do happened for a reason. But the day I found out that you have a heart surgery, why can’t you tell me Julie? Why? Is there a reason behind it?

You don’t want to hurt me right? But what is this feeling? Is this not being hurt?

I saw a bouquet of flowers on your grave today. They are little wilted and changed little color. And I wonder to whom it came from. It was from your father. He told me everything. You got your heart complication from your mother.

He even told me that she changed when I came to your life. But how come I didn’t notice it?

He told me that you let go of smiles more compare the days that you knew of your complication. He told me that you were always talking about the happy moments we always have when you arrived home.

Your dad was happy about that, Julie. That’s why he asked me when I will marry you.

I told him when you and I we’re ready. But when could it be?

Three years was so long to be far from ready. Add up the two years that we have been together.

I guess we were ready, right Julie?

You missed me right? How can you ever imagine me without your side through all these years? How can you imagine me without you?

I felt darkness around me; I felt there is no hope.

“Don’t worry, Babe. I’ll come back before the sun goes down. I’ll promise you that,” and I left her in peace.

I went to the reception just to talk to Brian for a few things. But I saw him too busy with his wife, Julia, entertaining their guest, so I left him a note.

I went to her graveyard again with few drinks. I know these things will work. It’s been a long time I haven’t seen her and I really miss her. I miss her voice, her smile, her laughs, and her touch.

Wait for me Julie. I’ll be there, not too soon. We’ll see each other again. I really miss you babe.

I drink it all up to the last dropped and I felt it is really working.

Just a little more time, babe. I’ll be there. You won’t be lonely there. We’ll be together forever, like I promised you and I promised to your father. We’re going to say our vows together. We’re going to live and leave forever, happily.

Wait and you’ll see. I’ll be beside you, sitting on the same old theme park we used to be.

“Bury me with my love, please.”



____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOLLOW ME ON FOLLOWING SITES!

Twitter  

CandyMag  

Leave me a messge on this site or on my Yahoo account: [  blackposhie@ymail.com ]
© Copyright 2011 Eloy Sa C. (blueprotons at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836130-Haru-Haru