*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836310-Midnight-writer
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1836310
A short yuri story
“I will always protect you my sweet Sasoi-uke.” Akira said holding Yuzuru in his arms.
“Never let me go.” Yuzuru whimpered clenching Akira’s tattered shirt.
“Never again.” Akira answered lifting Yuzuru’s chin, as a strong rustled the sakura petals arrou-
“Achew!”
Must be the start of spring again.” My name is Alice McKalin. I’m sixteen years old and currently I’m currently I’m enrolled at Saint Maria’s academy for girls. All my life I’ve kept my long brown hair in a pony tail, worn thick pink glasses, and been considered short when actually Five foot two. My eyes are a deep emerald green, and most of my time is spent writing yoai novels. Currently I’m writing the final book in a trilogy of fantasy romance novels, most people know me as Emily Biffins. No one knows about my hobby/career except my English teacher who helped me published my series. None of this would be important except to point out my modesty and how prudent I am if-
“AAHH Akira-sama is so suave!”
“Oh Yuzuru-kun is kawii!”
-if half the school wasn’t die hard fanatics who can’t get enough of the series. Most if not all of them would mob me if they found out that I wrote the series. They’re the reason I’m probably going to be type casted into writing yoai books. *sigh* When I really want to write yuri. Yeah, I’m a lesbian at an all girl’s school who can barley even muster up the courage to talk to girls and I write yoai novels. My life kind of blows.
Although for the most part, I lead a quiet life and really couldn’t ask for too much. I at least have one friend I can talk to.
“Sup cupcake.” Sera said patting my head. Sera Tristain. Was a dark skinned athletic girl at a foot taller than me and is less sophisticated than me. She has short black hair and brown eyes. She has been my best friend since childhood, and oddly enough she still hasn’t picked up on the fact I’m gay. Then again I’m not open about that .
“Not much.” I answered.
“Hey our track teams got a meet tonight. Why don’t you come and watch.”
“Sorry Sera, I’ve got homework I need to do. Plus I already know that you’re going to win.”
“Ah come on sugar.” She pouted giving me the puppy eye routine.
“Sorry but this project is due tomorrow so I can’t play around.”
“fine just don’t go and overwork yourself.” Sera answered hugging me gently. She strolled away soon after.
Sera is the school’s top athlete and also the inspiration for my character Akira, and before you jump to any conclusions no Yuzuru wasn’t based off of me.
*DING DONG, DING DONG*
“Hmm two O’clock. I should go talk to Ms. Rozen about the book before it gets too late.” I said to myself.
Ms. Rozen is my English teacher and my advisor. She’s in her early to mid thirties. During school hours she is an extremely professional women, she is prim and proper by definition. Yet as much as she hide it, she tends to be a bit of a closet pervert. Especially when she’s reading one of my stories.
When I opened the door to her classroom Ms. Rozen was sitting at her desk with a perverted smile reading Moon lily (The first book in my series). Her dark curly hair formed a tangled mess from her head down to her shoulders. She was wearing her black suit. I could faintly hear a perverted laugh leak out from her.
“Ahem”
“Oh Alice.” Ms. Rozen said slamming the book shut. “What can I do for you?”
“Um. I brought you the last of the book.” I said handing over a manila folder. She almost snatched the folder out of my hand like a greedy child. “I was wondering if for my next-“
“Alice you truly are an amazing author. I know you’ll be the greatest boys love author ever.” She interrupted with this child like wonderment as she read through the first page.
“*sigh* Of course Ms. Rozen” I said leaving the room. How could I tell her that I wanted to write something different? After that I sat in the library reading Lucy Maud Montgomery’s series “Anne of Green Gables.” “Oh Lucy how did you handle problems like this?” I asked the book like it was another person. I looked up and saw the whole library was empty, and all the primary lights were shut off. The secondary lights were creating a dim eerie light around the bookshelves. “*sigh* Looks like it’s time to go back to the dorms.” As I brought the books back to their self, I noticed how creepy the library was. Pure silence filled the library as I walked through the columns, till a sound filled the library if only for a second. Chills shot down my spine. The sound repeated again, as I listened to the sound it sounded like someone was flicking through the pages of a book, but no one else was in the library I thought. As I got closer to the book self, to return the books, the sound grow louder.
As I turned the corner of the row of bookshelves. I saw this beautiful girl. Her hair was a beautiful pale shade of golden blonde. Her eyes seamed soft and kind with a beautiful blue color. Her skin was a pale color similar to porcelain. She seemed so doll that I was certain she was a life size doll. She stood there like a statue except for her eyes, which were running back and forth as read the book in her hands. I couldn’t even hear the sound of her turning the pages in the book, all I could hear was my heart beating.
It felt like time had stopped when I saw this girl standing there. I just stood there watching her till my hand slipped and I dropped my books all over the floor.
“Hmm.” The girl looked up with her beautiful eyes and saw me picking up my books. “Are you okay?”she asked with a sincere voice as she helped me pick up some of my books.
“Uh, um, uh.” I stumbled over my words as I tried to pick up my books. Then I noticed the book she was holding was one of the novels that I wrote. “D-do you like that book.” I stammered out like an idiot.
“Huh, oh this, kind of, I’m not really into yoai.”
“then why do you read it?” I asked.
“Well I really like the way the author writes.”
“Really.” I couldn’t explain the feeling I had at that moment. It was just so wonderful.
“Yeah. She has such unique writing style. Personally I would really love to see her write yuri.” At that moment she blushed so hard that her pale skin turned a bright flesh color. I couldn’t even think straight after that. Then I just blurted out the next thing.
“I wrote that series.” I felt so rude and self absorbed when I said that.
“You’re Emily Biffins.” She said with astonishment.
“That’s my pen name; my actual name is Alice Mckalin.”
“Well Alice, I’m Jamie Campbell it’s an honor to meet someone as skilled and beautiful as you.”
“You don’t mean that.” I said flustering around trying to hide my face. I then heard her let out this small little giggle.
“Your right, you’re much more cute than beautiful. Hmm “Anne of Ingleside” an interesting series wouldn’t you say?” Jamie said picking up the book with care.
“One of my favorite series.” I answered holding one of the books close to me. After that Jamie and I spent the whole night talking about books, and occasionally Jamie flirted with me making me blush hard enough to turn my whole face red. Whenever I tried she just laughed a little and just took the compliment. We didn’t even realize the time until someone came in and unlocked the doors at seven.
“Well Jamie I really enjoyed last night.” I said getting up
“I did too Alice. I really hope I can see you again.” Then Jamie Bent over ever so slightly, brushed my hair aside and kissed and kissed my forehead “Good morning” She whispered as she walked away.
“Good morning.” I felt so weird after that so many of my emotions ran ramped through my head, and my heart was beating faster than a humming bird’s wings. I walked all the way to first period where I fell dead asleep on my desk for the whole period. I probably would have stayed asleep to if it wasn’t for Ms. Rozen hadn’t wakened me up.
“Alice are you okay?”
“*Yawn* Fine, why?”
“Well you’re my prize student, and suppose to be writing a story.” She responded in an overbearing tone.
“Sorry, I won’t let it happen again.” I answered in a daze.
“I don’t want to see it again, understand.”
“Yes mam.” After that I went through the rest of my day not writing or studying, but sleeping and anxiously wondering if I’ll see Jamie again. After school I went back to the dorm, showered and changed. Just as I left Sera ran into me.
“Hey Alice wana hangout latter?”
“Sorry I’m really busy tonight, maybe latter.”
“Oh okay.” I left Sera behind much more interested in seeing Jamie again tonight. I waited in the library for Jamie and just as I was getting ready to leave Jamie walked into the library.
“Oh did you wait for me?”
“Um, kinda of.”
“You’re so kind to do that Alice.” She answered blushing ever so slightly. So every night talking about books and each other. Then during the day I would sleep in my classes. One night Jamie even helped me I started writing my next novel. She actual encouraged me to write what I want to write. My life just seemed so great ever since Jamie became a part of it. About a month later I dropped by Mr. Rozen’s room to drop off my first yuri book. It wasn’t made to be a series, but had the potential to become one if it had a good reception. Not even a minute after I dropped the envelope on her desk did I hear-
“What the hell is this!”
“My next book.”
“This isn’t yoai, this is-“
“Yuri.”
“Yes you were supposed to write a yoai book.”
“Well I wanted to write yuri, and if you got a problem with that I’ll just cut you out and go straight to my publisher myself.”
‘You wouldn’t dare.” I snatched the envelope off the desk.
“I would.” I stormed out of the room. I felt so good telling off Ms. Rozen. I couldn’t wait to tell Jamie, she’d be so proud of me for standing up for myself. I almost strode right off the campus, until Sera caught up to me.
“Hey Alice can we talk for a minute.”
“Sure. What’s up?”
“Well you’ve been acting a little strange over the past month.”
“Have I? I haven’t really noticed.”
“Yeah, what happened?”
“To be honest I meet someone I really like.”
“Really who?”
“Well her name is Jamie Campbell.”
“A girl!”
“Yeah, I’m gay Sera, for years now.”
“How could you not tell me?”
“I thought you knew.”
“Alice I’m not okay with this.”
“Why? It didn’t bother you before.”
“I didn’t know before.”
“Then why does it matter now?”
“I just can’t accept this.” Sera said as she left me standing at the school’s gate. I just went to the library and waited for Jamie. Jamie finally came to the library and I just ran into her arms and started crying.
“Alice are you okay?”
“Jamie please just hold me right now.” I sobbed out.
“Of course Alice.” Jamie just held me for a few hours as I “told her what happened. “Alice as long as your with me I’ll never let you any one hurt you.”
“Jamie.” I looked up into her soulful eyes and saw that see wasn’t lying. I slightly leaned up and in, ready to test my feelings for the first time in my life. At the same time Jamie leaned in just enough just enough for me to reach her when Sera and Mr. Rozen burst through the door, shattering the silence in the library and destroying the beautiful moment I was about to have with Jamie.
“Alice get away from that girl!” Sera yelled.
“She’s not who she says she is.” Ms. Rozen followed up.
“I don’t care!” I shouted”Jamie has been more honest and understanding than either of you have been! She actual listens to my ideas and appreciates my company!” I defended Jamie.
“Alice.” Jamie whimpered as a tear trickled down her check.
“As touching as that may be there something Jamie hasn’t told you.” Ms. Rozen smugly replied. “Jamie’s a vampire!”
“It’s true. There’s no record of her in the school’s catalog. No knows who she is, people have only seen her at night.” Sera defended” Also since Jamie first started showing up people have been going missing.”
“How cruel could you two be making these accusations, plus all of those could be coincident! Right Jamie?” I asked looking at Jamie.
“No” Jamie muttered under her breath. “There right. I am a vampire.” She answered as tears welled up in her eyes.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked holding her hands.
“I was so worried you wouldn’t like me any more if I told you.”
“That’s right.” Sera barked ripping me away from Jamie. “She shouldn’t even be with you to begin with. No get out of this town you freak!” Sera yelled. All Jamie could do was leave with a trail of tears behind her, and just as she left Jamie turned around showing me this horrible face and said something so quiet I could barely hear it.
“It’s okay Alice you don’t have to ever see that monster ever again.” Ms. Rozen said patting me on the head.
“Yeah I need to clear my head do you mind.”
“Sure Alice. Take as much time as you need.” Ms. Rozen Said letting me go. So I left the library I started running for the school’s gate hoping praying that Jamie hadn’t left yet. Please be there, please be there I thought. As I made my way to the gate. I saw Jamie standing there beneath the moon.
“Jamie!”
“Alice?” Jamie said turning around.
I stopped for a second. “I love you Jamie. I couldn’t care less about you being a vampire.”
“Alice.”
“I don’t want to leave. I love every minute I’m with you and every second we’re apart.” Before I even noticed Jamie was standing in front of me.
“I love you to Alice.” Jamie said holding my face. Then for a brief moment I felt Jamie’s soft lips press against my lips. I wished that time had stopped right then.
“Jamie.” I said pushing her away. “Please bite me.”
“Huh.”
“Let me be yours forever.”
“Are you sure? If do this you can never be human again.”
“As long as were together, I don’t care.”
Jamie nodded slightly and leaned over and kissed my neck. Then a quick sharp pain filled my body as I felt my blood drain out of my neck. My teeth started growing. Then an immense pleasure filled head, it felt like me and Jamie had become one. I could feel warm and happy. She released my neck. Her mouth was covered in blood. Her eyes looked as if she had killed a small puppy. I kissed Jamie on the lips and licked up the blood on her checks. We both laughed a little before we walked off into the night, and lived happily ever after.


*Sasoi-uke* a name given to the less dominant partner in a yoai couple.
*yoai* a Japanese term for boys love.
*yuri* a Japanese term for girl love.
*sakura* a Japanese cherry blossom tree.
© Copyright 2011 Sparrow (sparrow-kun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836310-Midnight-writer