*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836954-Murdered
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1836954
Argument draws danger
Chores at the office have drained Martin’s energy so he unlocks his apartment door looking for a restful evening. He walks into the apartment and calls for his lover, Charles. There is no answer. He recalls the argument they had last night that continued on to disrupt his breakfast so he left to have breakfast at a local Dunkin’ Donuts.
Maybe Charles has gone to visit his mother to cool off he surmises.
He goes into the kitchen and sees Charles on the floor with a butcher knife protruding from his chest.

In the police interview room, one detective sits opposite Martin, and the other detective stands by the door. Martin wonders how will he persuade the detectives he did not kill his lover.
"Your neighbor told us that you two fuss and fight all the time," the Detective opposite him says.
"We’ve been fussing a lot lately but there was no fighting."
"What gay couple just yells at each other without breaking bones?"
"I don’t know about other gay couples but Charles and I just yelled at each other."
"About what?"
"It has been about me being a workaholic."
"Not seeing somebody else?"
"No. I loved Charles. I wouldn’t cheat on him and I damn sure wouldn’t kill him."
"You were at work all day?"
"Yes."
"What about lunch?"
"I go to the same Starbuck’s, a block from my job, everyday for a sandwich and coffee, and catch up with my reading."
"We’ll check it out."
"Please do." Tears flow. "Please do because I didn’t kill my Charles; I loved him too much to do that to him," he cries.
"We’ll see."

"The victim was murdered between one and three in the afternoon," the medical examiner says.
"Well that takes boyfriend off the hook," the Detective grunts.

It was that morning the neighbor sits on the side of his bed, in an angry mood, because his fag neighbors kept him up all night with their fussing, and now, he can’t get a little shut eye before going to work because they are at it again this morning. Now, he got to take time off from work. "I don’t think I can fix this," he says, "with just words."

He knocks on the door. Charles opens it.
"What do you want?"
"A decent night sleep," the neighbor snarls.

The Detective tells the other detective, "Crime scene found a thumbprint that does not belong to the victim or our suspect." END
© Copyright 2011 writergeorge (davisga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836954-Murdered