*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837241-Drmkarjetna
by CDAT
Rated: E · Short Story · Gothic · #1837241
Myth written as a tie in to my story. older style of English. Please enjoy.
Long ago, ere many centuries to present, there lived three children. The eldest a boy, second a girl and another girl several years below each. These children had not any family to call their own, for even they were not of same blood. Howsoever, they each cared for the two others as if kin. These children knew not from which breed they were birthed, and had no creature to care for them. The disregarded and aye, neglected children became wanderers, travelling among the races. These youth had a unique gift, the ability to take others abilities and use them as their own, and all three afore mentioned children used this odd property of theirs to traverse among the largely varied races in effort to assimilate into whichever race they reached in order to find the point in which they felt they belonged. As for their caretakers, the youth were not punctilious, the travellers boarded with whosoever would allow them.
         Along the youth's travels, the travellers gained much knowledge and many a dangerous yet propitious gift. By the end of  the trio's journey, they had come to live with their final caretaker, a Fåysælthëîra, the most powerful of all the many forms of a seer, a seer whom has abilities equal to, and including the abilities of all other forms of seers. If an common seer is rare and feared, one can only imagine the rarity and worth of a Fåysælthëîra. She was wise, beautiful and kind and the bearer of great power. She was much beloved by the children, and became a mentor and foster mother to the youth. The children, now adolescent save the youngest of the three, had all grown tremendously. They where all, for the most part, happy in this new place, a grand emotion unlike any the youth had ever felt before. The elder two began to have budding feelings for each other and began a courtship. The younger of the three began felt outcast ad uncared for by her foster siblings, and became withdrawn and downcast. All three had become quite strong and rather gifted, but they remained mostly untrained. The adolescents were, however, taught in the use of magic, in which they proved adept and naturally gifted. There the were happy and there they remained, so long as they kept their vow to the Fåysælthëîra to never copy her abilities.
         However, this was unable to last. as the Fåysælthëîra ought to have foreseen. For the greatest of all powers, the keepers of time and space, they who create and change all, had learned of the existence of these children, and what better tools for these great entities than those who may control all things? So one was sent to retrieve them.
         One day, around midday, a mysterious man showed up at the Fåysælthëîra's stoop and demanded that the children were given to him. Assuredly, the Fåysælthëîra refused and the man challenged her. The prize of which, of course, was the children. A great battle ensued, in which, despite her fearsome strength, The stranger proved superior to her in every way, and appeared insurmountable. As soon as he released his raikä, she knew the battle was lost, for it nearly forced her to the ground, and it took much of her willpower to remain standing. Howsoever, she still fought valiantly, determinedly assaulting him with every spell and ability she knew and had.. The Fåysælthëîra dreamed, cast illusions and spells, assailed the intruder's mind and even resorted to armed combat, all to no avail.. The stranger proved infallible as well as invincible. The youth interjected with effort to help, but were dismayed to discover that their spells had no effect.
         The children were forced to watch in abject terror as the uninvited visitor moved in for the kill. Hopelessly determined to attempt to save the Fåysælthëîra's life, the younger broke the children's oath, and in anguish, reached for the Fåysælthëîra's power and, using a gift the child had gained during her travels, the Fåysælthëîra's mind. In her desperation and fear, the girl stripped the woman absolutely of her power and, likely fully aware of the consequence of her forthcoming act, cast them unto her foster siblings and seized the woman's mind thus changing placement with her. Therefore, this courageous child lost her life in the Fåysælthëîra,, now just a regular woman's, stead. Unable to withstand the incredible power that now wracked through their material bodies, the two remaining were rendered comatose, and now rendered powerless, the Fåysælthëîra could do nothing to stop the man from taking them away. And take them he did.
         Not long thereafter, the anguished woman threw herself sobbing off of Jeiantay Rise, into Entherdass, the world's widest and deepest lake. She closed her eyes as she sank thereunto the depths of the Entherdass. There the selkies found her, and she was brought to the nymphs and naiads who sang her to peace in death and an eternity therein without pain, then gave to  her an honoured place within their dead.
         However, this is not the end of this tale. For History's Guidepost did receive the children and, once they awoken, gave unto them the responsibility to use their abilities to help him maintain control and decide the flow of history. He granted to them a pavilion among the clouds, yet still outside of our realm, complete with a dais on which to sit and a circular platform with which to receive worldly visitors, for he thought of them much as gods there to do his bidding and answer his every whim. He sent to them four farseers, those whom can see all that presently happens. Now their descendent sits upon the dais, aided by the farseers, and answering to History's Guidepost's every demand. There they sit, and there they control the course of lives. For they are Drõmkarjïetna, the one who controls all.
The End
© Copyright 2012 CDAT (pertant5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837241-Drmkarjetna