*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837868-The-day-I-hit-a-deer
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1837868
this is a story about when I hit a deer.
I was traveling with my family on our way home to Arizona after visiting my parents in Texas when the unthinkable happened. It was dark, I was driving on a Texas highway toward Eldorado TX. My husband was riding shot gun and kept yelling at me to watch the road. I was watching it. A local sheriff was up in front of us I saw him put his brakes on and I had put on mine. There were deer in the road eating the grass. They run out in the street Ione across in front of the sheriff, but didn't not see the one that ran behind him. Well I hit the deer it rolled over to the side of the road behind which I saw from my rearview mirror. The front passenger side of my van was damaged badly. The headlights had been damage so we couldn't drive the rest of the night like we planned. My husband had grabbed a flashlight and flashed the sheriff. He came back to assist. Which was great for we could not have driven into town without him. After writing up an accident report he escorted us into town. We stayed at a motel until morning then drove home. I didn't sleep at all that night. By the time we had gotten home it was sunset. We got the van fixed good thing for insurance. It was a scared night that day and I will never for get it. I still get teased about from my husband. He won't let me drive at night again at least on a long trip that this.
© Copyright 2012 dolphinwriter (dolphinwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837868-The-day-I-hit-a-deer