*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839363-Almost
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1839363
Reluctantly he reached for the envelope on his desk...
Reluctantly he reached for the envelope on his desk. He slowly felt the smooth surface of it before hesitantly ripping it open. There it was. Inside was just what he was anticipating for. The silver disk held everything he needed to know. Why he did what he did, where he was, and most importantly who he was. The police chief couldn’t contain the rush of excitement as he bolted out of his front door and into the fall morning air. He barely paid attention as the first leaf of fall fell from the maple in his front yard; he just kept hustling to his ’98 Corvette. Finally this case was closed! After 6 years, they would know everything. All of the anonymous letters, solved. He was so distracted that he didn’t see the oncoming car as it slammed into his small car. The disk in his hand was destroyed instantly. Along with all of its precious information.
© Copyright 2012 kerrylewter (kerryl96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839363-Almost