*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839745-The-Divorce
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1839745
Jaxton faces a tough situation.
"What do ya mean yer jacket was on the fence?"

Bill was looking at Jaxton with a mixture of concern and frustration.  It was 12:30 in the morning and instead of being sound asleep next to his wife, he was in a local dive bar with his best friend.  Jaxton had called him a half hour before almost in tears and asked Bill to come to The Gas Light to talk, so here he was.  What was strange is Jaxton no longer seemed anywhere near upset.

Jaxton looked at Bill and said "Remember that silly deal I made with my wife when we first got hitched?"

Bill did.  Jaxton hadn't been the best husband at first (or at second, or third...), and Jaxton had told his wife if she was ever really done with their marriage, all she had to do was hang his jacket on their front-yard fence and he would take the hint, no questions asked.

Bill nodded at Jaxton, and Jaxton continued "Well today we were spose to have a serious talk and I was late."

Bill looked at his friend and asked "Well ya seem fine now, did ya work things out with yer wife since we talked last?"

Jaxton gave his old friend a confused look and said "What the hell you mean?  When I pulled my jacket off the fence it tore a nasty hole on the inside!  I gave ya a call right after!"

Bill asked "If ya didn't patch things up with Jennie then why are ya so calm?"

Jaxton smiled and said "Found someone to fix the hole."

Bill grinned, clapped his friend on the shoulder while taking a seat next to him, and ordered a beer from the bartender.
© Copyright 2012 Mitchel D Hall (mitchle14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839745-The-Divorce