*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839864-Novel-Writing-101-Angela
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1839864
Novel Writing-Angela
ASSIGNMENT 1


Brainstorm Plot, Characters and Setting
Angelina is a single parent who is struggling to make ends meet.  After years of failed relationships she encounters, Jordan; a man who she believes is “the one”.  Jordan is a carefree playboy who has a checkered past.  After only a few short months; fate an unjust judicial system and incarceration intervenes. One life altering decision splits the couple up. After 12 years of  life lessons, failed marriages, and personal tragedy, the couple reconnects and attempts a second chance at a first love.
The story begins in North Carolina, where Angelina and Jordan meet.  As the story continues the couple faces challenges that eventually split them up, only to meet years later.

Brainstorm theme
A story of personal growth, the power of love and the troubles and triumphs gone through to reclaim a relationship after 12 years apart.


Define Characters Purpose-
Angelina is the main character who has had a string of failed relationships, the latest resulting in her new single parent status.  Forced to raise her son alone, she begins working, where she meets Jordan.  After dating a few months an unfortunate series of events occur, forcing Jordan to leave and Angelina to make decisions that will mold the rest of her life.  Each decision causes heartache, growth and learning lessons.



ASSIGNMENT 1.2

Main points:
Bad relationships and how they color all, struggles, life lessons, personal growth, reclaimed love.
Elements:
77 Mustang, the term “bunches and bunches”, phone, personal baggage, prison

ASSIGNMENT 1.3

Write a list of all the characters you have in your head.
Devote at least five minutes to each as you write a paragraph that explains their importance to the novel. We're going to do a full character sheets later; for now, convince yourself that each of your characters are important to the plot. Demand that they each fulfill a purpose in your novel. Why are they there? What do they bring to the novel that another characters couldn't do instead?
Characters-
Angelina-she is the main character who has gone through various struggles in her life.  She is young when the story begins-20 years old and is a new single parent.  She is still very naïve to men and relationships as her have always been dysfunctional.  She is important to the novel because the story is told from her point of view.  She is someone most female readers can identify with and empathize with. Her purpose to the novel is to hit a rock bottom in her life, learn and come out of it stronger, independent and unwilling to settle.  Angelina’s many flaws and views on life and love in the beginning of the story brings an innocence and empathy to the character at the beginning of the novel that will have readers rooting for her and applauding her growth towards the end.

Jordan-the beloved playboy that most women have experienced at some point in their life.  Free spirited, bad boy and devilishly handsome.  He is the kind of trouble women want to get into even though they know the end result. Jordan has had a checkered past.  He was married at a young age, got into the drug scene, and has just recently moved to NC in an attempt to clean up his act-at least that is what he tells himself.  He is a caring individual underneath the bad boy persona, and falls for Angelina immediately even if he fails to recognize it at first.  Jordan is a man who is use to getting his way and all though he genuinely cares for Angelina he sees her naivety and uses it to his advantage.  Jordan is a key player in the novel as he is Angelina’s biggest downfall in the beginning, but turns out to be her biggest life lesson in the end.  Jordan is a lovable, but dangerous character that has people both rooting and cursing him at the same time.

Elizabeth-Angelina’s rather conservative mother who has witnessed her child enter into one bad relationship after another.  She is a key player because she greatly influences Angelina’s decisions in the name of her grandchild.  Angelina has always seeked approval from her family.  Elizabeth dislikes Jordan a great deal and makes no bones about telling Angelina on a normal basis.

Sam-a niece of Jordan’s that Angelina grows close to.  She is younger than Angelina, but becomes a link to Jordan once he and Angelina split up.  Sam is a confused, but fun loving girl who comes across some trouble herself that Angelina runs to help her.

Chris-Jordan’s mother who plays a small role with a huge impact in Angelina’s decision making throughout the book.

James and Linda-Brother and sister in-law of Jordan.  He lives with them in NC.  They are the only family Jordan has in the area and their house is the setting for many of the instances that occur.


WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT-PLOT



100 - Prologue-Meet Angelina, recently gave birth and has had ongoing issues with father of child...physical and verbal.
200 - Prologue-A. decides to orchestrate a move to NC where she has family to help with baby. Plan is to split with father once settled
300 - Moves to Charolette, NC, sets up house
400 - A . finds job at movie store.  Goes to store to rent movie, meets J
500 - A. begins training for work.  Huge fight over who is to care for baby while she is at work.  Causes plans to split to be sped up.
600 - Following week A. shows up to work and J. is there to train her.  Almost hits J's car.
700 - A. and J. become friends, hang out.  Romantic tension is not acted upon because of A.'s situation
800 - Tension escalates at A.'s home, unknown person sends flowers (J)
900 - Split occurs with A and boyfriend, A moves to Uncles
1000 - A and J begin romantic relationship, are "romantic for first time"
1100 -  Ex causes tension and argument when picking baby up from him, ex and J quarrel
1200 - A and J make plans to move into apt together, begin looking
1300 - Fourth of July party at complex A and J will be moving into following week-too loud, cops are called, everyone must show ID
1400 - J is found to have absconded from another state-A learns of J's past in the midst of an arrest. A. moves into house with friends after J arrest as Uncle does not approve
1500 - Visit to county jail where all legal issues and past are finally revealed. A. loses job due to company buy out
1600 - J gets extradited back to Southern California to face charges
1700 - A. is left in NC with no job, no money, a child and a decision to make
1800 - A. flies to Northern California and moves in with friends
1900 -Visits J in prison
2000 -  A. gets into car accident-awarded money
2100 - J. released, plans are made to buy house with money in Southern Ca..J. moves in with sister until house is bought, , A. meets niece Sam and gets along well. Goes to A. moms house, she refuses to see him
2200 - Exwife threatens J with children-A. and J. split
2300 - A. becomes CNA, gets job.  J. calls and asks for forgiveness..A. refuses
2400 - J OD's and returns to prison, A. visits and they get back together
2500 - A. becomes lonely dealing with J in prison and meets man at hospital she works at..begins to date him
2600 - A. goes to prison to tell J. Split
2700 - Things do not work out with man...A. regrets her decision, visits J. They get back together. Sam moves in with A due to family problems
2800 - J. plans to move to NY upon release, asks A. to go with him.  A. says yes, plans move with J. mom who lives there.  During this time A. has also applied to nursing school.
2900 - A. receives a letter stating she has been accepted into nursing school in Northern California.  A. must make decision whether to go to NY or stay and get nursing degree
3000 - A. calls J. mom and tells her she is staying.  J. finds out and is crushed
3100 -J. is released, moves to NY
3200 - A. goes through nursing school
3300 - J is married two years later.  A. finds through a fluke conversation with Sam.  A. is devestated.
3400 - A. looks into working DOC, begins work
3500 - A. married in 2005
3600 - A. marriage falls apart 2008
3700 - A. finds J. online, writes him a hello email
3800 -
3900 -
4000 -
4100 -
4200 -
4300 -
4400 -
4500 -
4600 -
4700 -
4800 -
4900 -
5000 -
5100 -
5200 -
5300 -
5400 -
5500 -
5600 -
5700 -
5800 -
5900 -
6000 -
6100 -
6200 -
6300 -
6400 -
6500 -
6600 -
6700 -
6800 -
6900 -
7000 -
7100 -
7200 -
7300 -
7400 -
7500 -
7600 -
7700 -
7800 -
7900 -
8000 -
8100 -
8200 -
8300 -
8400 -
8500 -
8600 -
8700 -
8800 -
9900 -
9000 -
9100 -
9200 -
9300 -
9400 -
9500 -
9600 -
9700 -
9800 -
9900 -
10000 -




ASSIGNMENT 3

Character Sheet

Angelina

Full Birth Name: Angelina Westing
Birth Date: April 22, 1975
Nicknames (Positive): Angel
Nicknames (Negative): Angie
Preferred Name: Angelina


Physical Attributes:
Gender: Female
Age: 20
Race: caucasian
Height: 5’6
Weight: 170
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Light olive tone
Distinguishing features: Doe eyes, big bottomed, high Indian cheekbones
Bearing:
Voice: medium pitched
What does the character believe to be his/her best feature? Cheekbones
Additional notes on appearance:  In the beginning of story Angelina has just given birth.  She is slightly overweight.  She has always had a slightly stalky appearance…short legged, long torso, big breasted, ample bottom.  She has battled with her weight most of her life.


Mental Attributes:
Phobias:  Weight gain, spiders, snakes and not being loved
Education/Skills: In the beginning she only has a highschool diploma, but completes nursing school and part of a bachelor degree as the story moves on.
Occupation: In the beginning she works as a movie clerk.  Later she becomes a CNA, LPN and teacher
Personality Traits: Warm, caring, tries to make others happy regardless of how it effects her, a pleaser.  Worries a lot.
Quirks:
Secrets: Was molested as a child
Greatest Fear: That she will not be good enough to be genuinely loved
Greatest Love: Reading and later Jordan
Likes: Reading, fast cars and dangerous men
Dislikes:
What does s/he like about him/herself?
What does s/he dislike about him/herself?
Favorite Childhood Memory:
Most Traumatic Event:
Favorite Foods:
Least Favorite Foods:
Where do they go to think or be alone?


Character in society:
Family members:
List of family members: Elizabeth (Mom) Gene (StepDad) LeeAnne (sister) Danny (brother) Anthony (Father)
Relationship with Mother: Angelina tends to need mothers approval, bases her decision on mother’s opinions
        Worst memory of Mother: When Angelina was a teenager they got into a fist fight
        Best memory of Mother: First time she saw her grandson
        Overall opinion of Mother: Opinionated, always feels that decisions should be based with kids best interests at heart. 
Relationship with Father: Non-existent
        Worst memory of Father: staying with him for three months as a punishment
        Best memory of Father:
        Overall opinion of Father: Loser
Relationship with Siblings:
        Worst memory of Sibling1: Step dad always sided with her
        Best memory of Sibling1: Coming to Angelina for the first time for advice
        Overall opinion of Sibling1: Overdramatic dreamer
        Worst memory of Sibling2: Him crying when she moved out
        Best memory of Sibling2:Baking cookies together
        Overall opinion of Sibling2: Baby boy of family, doted on, gets away with everything
Relationship with other family:
Spouse: John
Describe first meeting: Met at a prison, both worked at
Describe proposal: In backyard, nothing special
Describe wedding/joining/ceremony: Vegas drive through
Worst memory of Spouse: Being told you are like a stray cat, you keep coming back no matter how many times I kick you
Best memory of Spouse: Buying house
Overall opinion of Spouse: Passive aggressive jerk

Friends:
List of friends:
Relationship with NAME: Rayna-best friend, lost touch for a time when married
Relationship with NAME:Liz-good friend, common interests
Relationship with NAME: Conner-male friend, less than good intentions

Rivals:
List of rivals/enemies:
Relationship with NAME:
Relationship with NAME:
Relationship with NAME:

Continue on with important characters in the book, teachers, employers, patrons, etc...


Possessions:
Real Estate: None in beginning.  Eventually buys home in Millant, Ca
Describe where character lives:  In beginning she lives in a suburb in NC, but moves back to a major city in Ca, then to a rural town in Ca, and finally to NY
Transportation: Beginning-modest honda
Daily dress: jeans/tshirt
Formal attire:
Sleeping attire: sweats
Jewelry:
Mundane possessions:
Unique possessions:
Most treasured possessions: None in beginning, a picture Jordan drew later


Open Ended Questions:
Childhood Questions
1. What is your first memory? Playing outside in a diaper
2. What was your favorite toy? Blanket
3. What was your favorite game? Hide and go seek
4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out? Guy-mother’s friend, he was around when father was not
5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?Moved so much didn’t have one
6. What is your fondest, childhood memory? 
7. What is your worst childhood memory?

Adolescent Questions
1. How old were you when you went on your first date? 16
2. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it? Did not like authority, step father’s strictness caused this
3. What were you like in high school? What "clique" did you best fit in with? Friends with everyone
4. What were your high school goals? Didn’t like school. Just hoped to graduate
5. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life? Marilyn Monroe
6. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
7. What is your worst memory from adolescence? Molestation

Family Questions
1. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings? I use to pinch my sister in her crib because I was jealous of her
2. When was the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
3. Did you ever meet any other family members? Who were they? What did you think of them?

Occupational Questions
1. Do you have a job? What is it? Do you like it? If no job, where does your money come from? 
Just had a baby, so boyfriend supported for a short period of time.  Then got a job at movie store
2. What is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)
3. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don't you get along with? 
One in particular I seemed to have gotten along with too well…Jordan
4. What is something you had to learn that you hated?
I hated dealing with the perverted old men who came into the store to rent pornos
5. Do you tend to save or spend your money? Why?
Spend because we were barely making ends meet.

Likes & Dislikes Questions
1. What hobbies do you have?  None in beginning, gym later on.
2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention?  Mix of country and rock and roll.
5. What tape or CD hasn't left your player since your purchased it? Why?
The Styx CD, because of Jordan-it was a couple of our songs.  Tim McGraw was big and I couldn’t stop listening to him throughout the years and not think back to that time.
6. What song is "your song?" Why?
Lady was kind of our song,
7. What's been your favorite movie of all time?
The Notebook…it was a great love story
8. Read any good books? What were they?
9. What do you watch on the Television?
I have never really been a TV person
10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?  I don’t care as it doesn’t affect me.
11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?
12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?
Didn’t really have friends in beginning.
13. What annoys you more than anything else?
People who talk about things they know nothing about.
14. What would be the perfect gift for you?
A gym membership.
15. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
Beach sunset.
16. What time of day is your favorite?
Morning
17. What kind of weather is your favorite?
Summer
18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
Anything sweet!  Okra
19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
Coffee
20. What's your favorite animal? Why?
Dogs, friendly, loyal
21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
Not in beginning but ended up with 6 dogs
22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.) The gym
23. What habit that others have annoys you most?
Not picking up after themselves
24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
Acting silly in a crowd,  It’s embarassing
25. What don't you like about yourself?
Weight, short legs
26. How would you like to look?
Thin with long legs

Sex & Intimacy Questions
1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
Straight
2. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
In beginning had boyfriend.  The unkown and escape was the attraction.  The relationship is abusive
3. What is the perfect romantic date?
Beach picnic
4. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
Kind, funny, strong and caring
5. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?
Yes, but no children
5. What is more important - sex or intimacy? Why?
Intimacy, it is a connection
6. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with?
See above
7. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?
Misunderstood their motives


Morality Questions
1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
Molestation.  Graduating school
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
Over money, with boyfriend, I did
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
With boyfriend, over him getting a phone number while in store with me and baby sitting outside. He won.
4. What do you feel most strongly about?  Independence
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it? 
Honesty-I find it very rare
7. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
I am disturbed by loneliness and a feeling of abandonment.  I am also disturbed by feeling not good enough.
8. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
9. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
Yes, because I am young and can accomplish anything
10. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
Being dishonest, namely being lied to and or cheated on.  It is the one thing that is sacred in a relationship.
11. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why
I think that I am a leader for the most part, I think that sometimes some of the strongest leaders have to follow once in a while to keep an open mind and lead with a honest heart.  We all have things to learn from one another.
12. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
To help others
13. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
I do think redemption is possible.  I do not think that those who have killed in cold blood, raped or molested are people that can be redeemed.  This is probably from my corrections background.
14. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
Today,  I am a constant cryer and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.  I think that it is a purging of some sorts
15. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?
Ignorance and an unwillingness to listen to each other and take each others feelings into consideration

Education Questions
1. Have you had any form of formal education or training? What was it like? 
I have had formal education and for the most part I loved it.  I am the forecer learner and enjoy new things and challenges
2. Do you consider yourself an educated person?
Yes
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
No
4. Think of a major event that happened during your training. What was it
I t was more like a series of events that turned out to be a major turning point in my training,  In school we learned bookwork and application.  When we went to the hospital and actually took care of patients it was like a light bulb went off and I realized that nursing was my true calling.
5. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it
To take care of kids….I hated it because there was not much I could do to help

Miscellaneous Questions
1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
Being alone. Being alone when I die
2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
Numerous people that I have cared about have died over the years.  It is a part of the life cycle.
3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
I injured my arms at work and required numerous surgeries
4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
On my feet
5. What is your current long term goal?
To get my masters degree in psych
6. What is your current short term goal?
To finish my bachelor’s
7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
I take things to heart, I let other people dictate how I feel about myself,  I am working on ridding myself of these habits on a daily basis by doing things for me instead of others and learning that not everything so literally
10. How private of a person are you? Why?
It really depends on what it is about
11. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do with it?
By my parents a house, pay off my house, see a plastic surgeon, finish college, go on a shopping spree
12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?
To be comfortable in every aspect of my life
13. What do you do when you are bored?
Clean and go to the gym
14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
Facial disfigurement.  People have a hard time hiding their reactions












© Copyright 2011 Meeple says, Vote at #1831268 (UN: meeple at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Meeple says, Vote at #1831268 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.


Character Sheet

Jordan

Full Birth Name: Jordan Peter S
Birth Date: 7/15/71
Nicknames (Positive):
Nicknames (Negative):
Preferred Name: Jordan


Physical Attributes:
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Race:Caucasian
Height:6’5
Weight: 200
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Skin: Olive
Distinguishing features: Tattoos
Bearing: Over
Voice: Slightly deep
What does the character believe to be his/her best feature?
Additional notes on appearance:


Mental Attributes:
Phobias: Sharks
Education/Skills: GED later
Occupation: mechanic
Personality Traits: stubborn, outspoken, fun loving, carefree
Quirks:
Secrets: Past
Greatest Fear: Being locked up forever
Greatest Love: Cars
Likes:
Dislikes: Ketchup
What does s/he like about him/herself?
What does s/he dislike about him/herself?
Favorite Childhood Memory:
Most Traumatic Event:
Favorite Foods:
Least Favorite Foods: ketchup
Where do they go to think or be alone? For a drive


Character in society:
Family members:
List of family members:
Relationship with Mother:
        Worst memory of Mother:
        Best memory of Mother:
        Overall opinion of Mother:
Relationship with Father:
        Worst memory of Father:
        Best memory of Father:
        Overall opinion of Father:
Relationship with Siblings:
        Worst memory of Sibling1:
        Best memory of Sibling1:
        Overall opinion of Sibling1:
        Worst memory of Sibling2:
        Best memory of Sibling2:
        Overall opinion of Sibling2:
Relationship with other family:
Spouse:
Describe first meeting:
Describe proposal:
Describe wedding/joining/ceremony:
Worst memory of Spouse:
Best memory of Spouse:
Overall opinion of Spouse:

Friends:
List of friends:
Relationship with NAME:
Relationship with NAME:
Relationship with NAME:

Rivals:
List of rivals/enemies:
Relationship with NAME:
Relationship with NAME:
Relationship with NAME:

Continue on with important characters in the book, teachers, employers, patrons, etc...


Possessions:
Real Estate: n/a
Describe where character lives:
Transportation: Mustang 1976
Daily dress: Jeans and t’s
Formal attire:
Sleeping attire: Nothing
Jewelry:
Mundane possessions:
Unique possessions: Diamonds in the rough
Most treasured possessions:


Open Ended Questions:
Childhood Questions
1. What is your first memory?
2. What was your favorite toy?
3. What was your favorite game?
4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
6. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
7. What is your worst childhood memory?

Adolescent Questions
1. How old were you when you went on your first date?
14
2. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?
I hated authority growing up because I didn’t like to take direction

3. What were you like in high school? What "clique" did you best fit in with?
Stoners. I did drugs and rarely went to school
4. What were your high school goals?
Honestly, where to find the next fix
5. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life?
6. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
7. What is your worst memory from adolescence?

Family Questions
1. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings?
2. When was the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
3. Did you ever meet any other family members? Who were they? What did you think of them?

Occupational Questions
1. Do you have a job? What is it? Do you like it? If no job, where does your money come from?
I worked at a mechanics shop and at a movie store
2. What is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)
3. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don't you get along with? I get along with my coworkers,especially the females
4. What is something you had to learn that you hated? To be nice to people even when they are assholes
5. Do you tend to save or spend your money? Why? Spend it-why save?

Likes & Dislikes Questions
1. What hobbies do you have? I like to work on my car, fireworks and concerts
2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention? Heavy metal and rock
5. What tape or CD hasn't left your player since your purchased it? Why? Nine inch nails…
6. What song is "your song?" Why?
7. What's been your favorite movie of all time?
8. Read any good books? What were they?
9. What do you watch on the Television?
10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?
11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?
12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?
13. What annoys you more than anything else? Stupid people
14. What would be the perfect gift for you? Parts for my car
15. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? My car
16. What time of day is your favorite? night
17. What kind of weather is your favorite?Summer
18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food? Spaghetti…I hate ketchup
19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
20. What's your favorite animal? Why?
21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind? No
22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
23. What habit that others have annoys you most?
24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
25. What don't you like about yourself?
26. How would you like to look?

Sex & Intimacy Questions
1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
Straight
2. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
3. What is the perfect romantic date?
4. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
5. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?
5. What is more important - sex or intimacy? Why?
Sex-intimacy follows
6. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with?
7. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?
Told them I couldn’t see them anymore


Morality Questions
1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
4. What do you feel most strongly about?
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
7. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
8. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
9. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
10. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
11. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
12. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
13. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
14. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
15. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?

Education Questions
1. Have you had any form of formal education or training? What was it like?
2. Do you consider yourself an educated person?
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
4. Think of a major event that happened during your training. What was it?
5. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?

Miscellaneous Questions
1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
5. What is your current long term goal?
6. What is your current short term goal?
7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
10. How private of a person are you? Why?
11. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do with it?
12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?
13. What do you do when you are bored?
14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?


ASSIGN 5

CH1

November 2008
One thought kept playing through her mind as she hastily rummaged through her closet for the hundredth time, "what the hell am I doing?" 
Angelina had what most people would view as a perfect life.  She had a beautiful house, a husband that was a good provider and the good (even if blended) family. She had a successful nursing career and was in school for her next degree.  So why was she packing for trip to New York that could risk everything she had worked so hard to attain and maintain?



Angelina let out a huge sigh as she hit the send button.  All that was left to do now was to wait and see if he would respond this time.  “Why get my hopes up?” Angelina thought to herself. “I have tried this a dozen times and was always disappointed.” 
With a slam she shut the computer and called Rhonda to tell her what she had done.
On the third ring Rhonda’s raspy voice answered. “This had better be good, it is 6am and the baby isn’t up yet.  You know how I value my sleep!” 
Angelina stifled a laugh; Rhonda was a new mother and was not used to staying up all hours with a screaming newborn.  Apparently she was not adapting.  Angelina and Rhonda were good friends, but she still worried about what Rhonda would think about her actions. 
After a minute of hesitation, she nervously said, “You will never guess who I just found and what I just did.” Without waiting for a response, Angelina blurted out, “Do you remember the time we talked about first loves and how neither one of us ended up with the one we thought we were supposed to?” 
Rhonda muttered, “Yeah, get to the point so I can go back to sleep. Maybe I’ll dream about a prince charming who will watch my child free of charge so I can get some rest.” 
Angelina took a deep breath and took the plunge. “Well, I found mine online and sent him a message!” 
After a few moments of silence a very irritated Rhonda replied, “You called me at 6 in the morning to tell me that?  You have got to be kidding me!  I am going back to bed.”
To Angelina’s shock, the phone went dead. 



“Okay, okay, okay…just because I gave him my number doesn’t mean he is going to call,” Angelina said as she drove into town.  Jordan had replied to her email two days prior and they had agreed on a day to talk.  Today was that day and Angelina was a nervous wreck.  “How should I answer?  Should I sound casual, flirty or maybe breathy like Marilyn Monroe?  What do I say?” She wondered if the conversation would flow freely, or if it would be awkward talking to someone after twelve years of silence.  “Stop it or you will drive yourself crazy!” she exclaimed.  Feeling silly for talking to herself, she parked her car and walked into the grocery store, determined to put Jordan out of her mind for a couple of hours. 

At precisely six that evening Angelina’s cell phone rang.  She glanced down at the number and immediately broke out into a sweat.  “It’s him, it’s him!”  On the third ring she answered.  “Hi there stranger, long time no talk to.  How are you?”  Jordan chuckled and said, “It’s been way to long since I have heard your voice.  I am great!  You sound the same as the last time we spoke.  How are you?”  He sounded so nonchalant and relaxed, Angelina was almost envious.  “I am fine, I just got done in the gym and now I am sitting in my sauna relaxing before I make dinner.”  After a long pause, Jordan asked “For your husband?  I read on your profile that you were married.  How’s that working out for you?” 

“Jeez, where to start,” Angelina thought to herself.  She wanted to be completely honest with Jordan, but she didn’t want him to think that she was a basket case.  Dumping all of your marital troubles on an ex-boyfriend after not talking to him for twelve years was a little weird. 

“You have got to be kidding me!  You ended up working in corrections of all places?” Jordan sounded astonished and slightly offended upon hearing Angelina’s current career choice.  “Wow, wait until he hears the rest”, she thought to herself, “he is going to have a stroke!”  Angelina waited for a moment and then whispered, “Uhhh, and my husband…I met him in the prison.  He is a correctional officer.”  Angelina was expecting the line to go dead.  She knew all too well how Jordan felt about authority, not to mention correctional officers!  “Jordan? Are you still there?” Angelina asked after what seemed like an eternity of silence.  She didn’t hear a dial tone yet, so in an odd way she felt relieved. 


“I need some time to think this through, to get it all straight in my head before we make a final decision.”  Angelina and John had been arguing for the last two hours; something that had become common in their household lately.  The subject of separation and possible divorce had finally been broached by Angelina who had finally been pushed too far.  “Fine,” John replied, “if that is what you need to do, take all the time you need, go where you want to go.”  John’s flippant attitude towards Angelina was a big reason that their marriage was crumbling.  For years John’s officer friends had hit on, gawked and leered at Angelina, but her own husband had rarely paid attention to them or her.  Only after losing weight, breast implants and Botox had not gained John’s interest did Angelina realize the problem was not her, it was him. 
“I am leaving in two weeks for Albany, New York.” Angelina held her breath, expecting him to ask why she chose New York.  Angelina had told John about Jordan numerous times, including his whereabouts.  The only response that came out of John’s mouth was an offhand, “Great, did you book your flight yet?  You may want to do it soon so you can get the best deal.”  Angelina was torn between feelings of relief that he hadn’t pressed her for more information and feelings of outrage that he didn’t care that his wife was going cross country by herself to contemplate the fate of their marriage. 
“Hi, I made it into Albany and I checked into my room.”  As Angelina rattled off the hotel address to Jordan she was filled with nervous excitement.  “Finally,” she thought, “I am going to see him again!”  Angelina had only hoped for a meeting with him, and now it seemed that was going to become a reality in less than twenty four hours! 
Angelina had four hours to kill before Jordan arrived at her hotel room.  The plan was to go to dinner, play some pool and catch up on the happenings of each other’s lives.  As she turned on the radio, she thought “What if he isn’t the person I thought he was?  What if I’m not?”  The more she contemplated, the more scenarios ran through her head.  “What if we have nothing in common anymore?  What if the spark isn’t there?  Crap, what if it is?”  With an exasperated sigh, she grabbed a book from her bag and headed to bathroom for a long soak. 

Angelina heard a knock at the hotel front door.  How had an hour flown by so quickly?  Jordan had called saying he was going to be late because of traffic.  She glanced at the clock






January 1996

"Just finally get here and set up Houston will deal with the rest,” Angelina's uncle had said when he heard her latest dilemma. A 20-year-old Angelina had just given birth to a baby boy fathered by a lazy and abusive boyfriend. They were living in Tennessee where Angela and had no family, no support and no way out. She had grown tired of finding women's numbers scrawled on notes while doing laundry, and with last week's argument became physically abusive she decided enough was enough.

Not willing to return to California with her tail between her legs, Angelina devised a plan. She would talk her current boyfriend moving to North Carolina where her uncle resided. They would get a modest apartment (one that she would be able to afford solo) , she then would find a job and when the time is right, send him packing. To an outsider it seems devious plan of sorts, using him financially to get closer her family only to break up later, but Angelina














© Copyright 2011 Meeple says, Vote at #1831268 (UN: meeple at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Meeple says, Vote at #1831268 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.



© Copyright 2012 angela sgarlata (angelasgar75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839864-Novel-Writing-101-Angela