*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839976-Dear-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Experience · #1839976
My contest entry for my New Year resolutions 2012
         Dear Me:

   

                Is been more than 250 days since I was last here on Writing.com. Since then I've been through so many changes I quite don't know where to begin. Lol!

A year ago I had an accident and suffered a very hurt ankle. After months of therapy I was able to regain most of my balance. The process was ardous and even today I still

have a little discomfort. But I don't want to focus on that. To be able to stand and breathe is a miracle I can't find any words to describe.



                During that year I made plenty of mistakes that affected not only my life but the life of my friends and family. My perspective of what really is important was lost in a moment of indulgence. In life we are given choices, and those choices can be detrimental to our lives. If I had to give advice to any person, it would be to analyze any step they take before they do. Think about the people you care about: How can your choices affect them, short or long-term? Dear Me, Iost soooo much. But I also gained a lot.



               My friends were always there. Supporting me when they step was right or scolding me when I got out of hand. My family was there to pick me up. To push me further when all I wanted was to sleep all day. My girls..little angels, gave me a reason to look forward to tomorrows. God lit a light so bright I had no dark corners left.



             Since my breakdown I moved to a new apartment, signed my girls to a better school, give my mother all the support to stay forever young, got closer to God and now I'm on my way to conquering my biggest fear: Driving  *Blush*



             You must be like: you're kidding right? Nope! I'm not, at the age of 33 I've never driven a car for more than a few minutes or blocks. I could give you all kinds of excuses. The same as always: I never needed to in New York, I've been in too many accidents etc... but the real deal is I'm just scared. For Christmas my Dad gave me an electric scooter bike. You know, the ones you pedal if your battery dies? Yep, one of those. Is actually very cute. A month later I'm riding it from home to work and viceversa. Nothing crazy just 30 mph. But the sense of freedom is priceless.









  P.S. I have to start somewhere! lol









                                                                                  Love, Zara
© Copyright 2012 z.crespo (z.crespo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839976-Dear-Me