*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840052-What-Inspires-Me
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1840052
This was a short piece I created for a contest that I entered
An infecting fire that burns so deep that it will invoke you to be responsible for your actions and willing to accept the consequences. Acts of strength that provoke actions that have stirred up settled dirt in the pits of your stomach to produce fertile returns of a once hollow ground, soothing you in times of despair wiping away defeated moments as they are victories, so many places to look for it, we find it in a scent that calls us back to a time that we are all too familiar with, that causes us to change. We find it in music that takes us to a place of fearlessness, a place where we cannot be touched and our demons have turned to dreams. We find it in a taste that settles on our taste buds, that says it is so sweet, the delight of victory. Sometimes it can be found in the human desire, the need to feel better, be better, want better based on where you believe you should be although you have yet to reach that place it keeps you encouraged, convinced and reassured to move forward. It can be found in words like “Yes We Can” and “I have a dream” It can be found in the suffering that comes from the passion that brings your spirit to get in contact with your soul that meets your heart and spurs a jolt of movement that creates a lasting moment in your life. For a lot of individuals it comes and goes leaving them empty for more because the feeling was so fulfilling and the actions behind it had such purpose, for some it stays forever fueling the very source of their lives driving them to go longer, harder and faster than the competition, at different times every human that has been part of mankind has searched for it, missed it, lost then found it, created it or it was so big that there is no way for them to miss it, but somehow in some cases they have. That is the thing with inspiration it comes in so many forms that there is no concrete place to look for it. Inspired by the inspired, words are the inspiration that drives my spirit, the love of words, the use of words, the power of words, the actions that are used to express words, the creativity of words, everything in this world is expressing words, whether said verbally, or non-verbally. Words in their beauty are like summer days ongoing and never complete. I look at words with excitement, and speculation of their true power. My eyes get big, my heart gets even bigger and my soul opens up like water flowing from a faucet when I look at words and consider what can really be created. The thought of a bunch of words, jumbled up with no meaning brings a shiver down my spine at the possibilities and opportunities of turning these words into a meaningful creation, the fire of negativity or positivity that is spurred through a full silent sentence that only travels around in your head a conversation between you and a string of words that you politely have worded as thoughts. The mere thought of putting together a combination of words that can change a nation drives me both internally and externally into countless battles throwing words in and out trying to put it together like a jigsaw puzzle. Words have the ability to create magic or destruction, hate or love, peace or war, all created by a string of carefully place words with periods, comma’s and exclamation marks. I love it! Even a little bit of word play: Hope adored Aspirations thirst, enthusiasm, fire and desire, the drive to push for more and crave the itch for success, but at times Hopes energy decrease appearing to be satisfied but the love was the right stuff to keep the zeal going. A little word play with the words because hope and aspirations are people and words are the delicate mix. The world is words whether seen are unseen from where I sit words are expressed in every part of our experience.
© Copyright 2012 M.J.George (mjgeorge1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840052-What-Inspires-Me