*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840913-Flash-Fiction---Arfy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1840913
Love or Lust
         Dr. O’blivion created a broadcast signal which he’s used to control the minds of the people of the small town of Rostadt. The township no longer argued over where money should be spent, no longer cared the mayor solicited adolescent girls, or noticed the canine oblation found in pagan fashion at the local playground. Subservient, trapped, vacant - the people lost a fight they didn’t even know they were in.

         Arfy, a smarmy, troll of a man, served the doctor of his own free will. He toiled over work beyond his own understanding; paid in women who would never even look down on him. To Arfy, life was good. And it became great when he started to feel things for Sarah, a woman he frequently had. Sometimes Arfy would even pretend she’d smile at him, but he knew the mind control was too strong for something like that.

         Arfy noticed that the people in the town started to fall over like rag dolls; usually, in the midst of carrying out the doctor’s work. The people’s minds had been fighting back, but the broadcast signal was too strong, and the strain on the mind caused multiple tumours for each person. Something Dr. O’blivion had unaccounted for.

         Arfy began to fear that soon Sarah would fall. He didn’t know why this was happening but he knew it was somehow caused by his employer. Arfy, though disabled, was not dumb, and knew how the signal was broadcast. So, he decided to switch it off – smash the machine. He did it at night. And in the morning, Dr. O’blivion woke to screams and chaos, instead of blissful silence and order; Sarah woke in shock, bleeding from the eyes, to a dwarf-like man; and Arfy woke the same way he woke every other morning, horny.
© Copyright 2012 nicktem (nicktem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840913-Flash-Fiction---Arfy