*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841690-Everdark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ryan
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1841690
This is a world I am working on currently in my game design class.
Everdark
RPG design concept
Concept by Evil Genius Squared



Lyria:

In the 1st age, Lyria is the creation of the “Lightbringers”, it is the home planet of all living things in the known universe. 70% of Lyria is covered in dense forest, the other 30% is made up of bodies of water, mountain ranges, and “badlands”. The world is lush and life prospers for nearly 2000 years. The lands are populated by countless different life forms, the humanoid species branch off after the first 1000 years as the habits and environments force them to adapt. Soon Lyria’s forest are home to the Elves, its mountain ranges provide shelter to the Dwarves, the seas allow the Mirfolk to thrive, the badlands allow the Rocs to live hidden away, and Humans find themselves thrown all in between.

The Town of Everdark:

The Town of Everdark was founded 300 years ago in an attempt to help support the surviving people of Bae’fel. The town revolves around its “Relstone” mine and the hunters that brave its depths. Since the beginning of the 2nd age, the age of eternal darkness, the people of Everdark have trained each passing generation in the arts of surviving in a world without light. Some learn to refine the Relstone, some learn different ways to enhance the refined Relstone’s powers and properties, and some learn to hunt the Relstone. It is the hunters who must travel deep within the mines of Everdark and bring back the “light”.

The Town of Everdark is constantly out to replenish its supply of “Relstone”. Hunters are constantly in and out of the mines, providing a constant flow of “Relstone” to support Everdark. Within the world of “hunting” relstone, exist “Hunters Guilds”. These guilds formed over the years based on differing opinions on the tactics used to properly gather relstone.
•          Shield Breakers of Everdark
•          Shadow Society
•          Everdark Adventure Corps

Relstone:


Relstone is a naturally occurring mineral in the land of Bae’fel. Relstone was discovered shortly after the beginning of the 2nd age, after all of Lyria fell to darkness. Relstone emits a soft glow and is found deep beneath the crust of Bae’fel. When properly refined Relstone can be used as a source of light, heat, and energy. It is the single most important resource for the living among Lyria.




Creatures of Lyria:

Bae’fel has been lost to darkness since the 2nd age, when the “Lightbringers” left the world. Since that time, the darkness has spawned creatures of the worst nightmares all over Lyria.
•          Balwolves
•          Darklings
•          Souless

The “Lightbringers” are the known creators of Lyria, the world in which Bae’fel and the town of Everdark exist.

No one truly knows why they left; only myths and tall-tales shed light on the true reason for their abandonment of Lyria.
© Copyright 2012 Ryan (ryancarolina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841690-Everdark