*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841873-Its-My-Sisters-Fault
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1841873
A fight between siblings from a six year old's perspective
  “Now you sit here in the corner until I come back and don't get any bright ideas either,” Daddy warned as he set me firmly on a chair.  “You need to learn to be nice to your sister.”

  Why does Daddy always blame me?  I sighed, fingering my Spiderman t-shirt sadly.  I mean, all I did was throw her favorite old Barbie doll in the bathtub.  It didn't even get wet either.  Well, maybe the hair got a little damp.  But she was always cutting the hair anyway.  She could just cut the wet parts off and everything would be okay.  If  Allie would just quit screaming at me all the time maybe I would quit getting in trouble so much.  And she screamed just because I threw the dumb doll in the bathtub.  I guess I did twist its head around before I threw it, just to tease her, but so what?  You can always twist it back again.

  And besides, she waited to start screaming until Mommy came to see what's wrong.  Although that did happen to be when I started squirting water at her with my toy pistol.  I guess I did hit her in the eye once.  But that just means I know how to aim.  She could never even hit me from one yard away.  Cause I wouldn't let her touch my pistol.  Water guns are just for big kids.

  Anyway, it was all her fault that I started fighting her.  Cause she was being a pest and slobbered spit on my new Spiderman pajamas.  And she only did it because I spilled milk on her newest Barbie.  And not even on purpose.  Well, okay, maybe sorta a little bit on purpose but not really.

  See why I think Allie's spoiled?
© Copyright 2012 Jali~mostly on hiatus (jalithewriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841873-Its-My-Sisters-Fault