*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842487-Everyone-Hates-The-Winner
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #1842487
Everyone hates a winner, no matter how hard they try not to...
It takes more than just hard work to be a winner. Sweat, tears, blood, tremendous physical and mental strength, dedication and a fierce determination are some of the ingredients that go into creating a winner. That person ceases to be just a winner; he becomes a model for the society, a person respected and looked at with awe. He becomes an icon.



He is the one people want to be like, to look like, to sound like. They want to compete with him, their God, the superior one (poor they!). Even the persons who are, in authority, elder to him, admire his work. It sounds like everyone likes him and respects him. But the harsh truth of the world is they do not. They hate every cell in his living body. They hate the smile of satisfaction on his face. They hate the way his future seems so bright and theirs doesn't. They hate the fact that someone like him, one who used to be their equal, is now the one achieving all the milestones. This hatred doesn't let them let go of a single opportunity to bring him down, to humiliate him, to laugh at him. Because they don't have a penny worth's talent in themselves, they feel that by mocking them they will become "cool" in everyone's eyes. Yes, everyone hates a winner.



A winner will always find someone taking advantage of whatever little power they have to stop him from becoming successful. It is a war: winner against world. It always was, is still, and always will be. I am talking on this topic because I myself have faced many, many situations like these, and these almost always take me to a point where I feel that I just cannot continue fighting against the whole world. That it would be better if I just died and lessened everyone's problems. Or that it would be even better if I killed every single person who hates me.



My name is Nion. I am a 16 year old high school student. I am the topper in my class. No, this isn't another moping story of a teen being bullied.



I am brilliant student, I know that. But I have never really been interested in studies. My interests lie more in music and composing rather than studies. But a stable career is important for a base on which I can build my career in music, so I started putting extra efforts in my studies, due to which I have been doing constantly good for the last 4 years. Now, I, who was once below the regard of even the worst students in our class, am the winner.



One of the biggest disadvantages I face is that in our class, majority of the students are boys. Some of them are such that they are capable of being excellent students if only they paid a little attention. So inevitably, I am a female in a male-dominated environment, one who's no less than a boss for them academically. And which male likes being dominated by a girl?



Add to that, I am not very attractive.



So even small mistakes of mine are exaggerated to the point that I feel like poisoning all of them. Every night I pray to God that I be granted a little more strength emotionally and physically, no make my brain immune to their insults, to make my skin thicker to their mocking.



Even my teachers used to admire my sincerity. I was painted as a model for the rest of my class to follow. This was hard to swallow for those people, who had known me before my days of success. Why should I follow this bitch?



But teachers, once they realize the damage they've done by boosting a girl's morale, immediately set about to repair it. And yes, the eyes have to be pleased too. Why should they want to award the highest marks to the ugly girl on the last bench, when the same can be done for the gorgeous, hot girl in front of her, who, even though she makes huge mistakes in her paper, looks amazing when she smiles at the sight of her high scores?



Yes, attractiveness is a HUGE factor in the class. If you have tremendous brains, but look like shit, you're not gonna be able to ride your high horse for long. Partiality, when done by the teachers themselves, people of authority higher than you, is damaging. Especially for your self esteem. You eventually feel as if your brains are of no use at all. You will, and definitely will, feel suicidal, when you see everyone trying to rubbish the phenomenal hard work you've done in building your pillars of success. And unfortunately, I do not a solution that may help you. In fact, I'm looking for help myself. And no, such help will not come from persons who nothing about how you feel, who have no idea at all what goes on in your mind and body, in other words a psychiatrist. It has to come from within your heart, with a little bit of help from God the savior.



There are so many things in my mind to say, and I feel thankful that I have found a suitable platform in Writing.Com to express my views, to really say what I have in my heart. I hope I haven't bored you. I am nowhere near done. So if you want to read more of what I have to say, please read my articles and comment and review as freely as you want. I will appreciate it a lot.

© Copyright 2012 BaddestFemale (ncbaddestf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842487-Everyone-Hates-The-Winner