*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842637-Angels-and-Burgers
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1842637
Working at the Drive-through at McDonald's has never been this deadly
it was three am in the morning yet downtown the night was filled with people running on a caffeine buzz and others angry and irritated from lack of sleep. On Fifth Avenue directly next to a huge law firm was a McDonald’s that ran 24/7 throughout the year. There was always a line whether it was morning, afternoon, or night; and the harried employees were always sweating rivulets trying to keep up with all the orders and clean up after everyone.

“Hey! Tyler!” Sam called to his fellow employee and also long time friend. “Can you take over at the drive-through window so I can go to the bathroom man?”

I sighed and yelled back. “Dude I’m about to go on break! Can’t it wait till I get back?”

“Man no I got to go now.” Sam said squirming a little.

Hanging my head down I sighed deeply, knowing already I would do it and thinking Sam owed me big time.

“You owe me big time man.” I narrowed my eyes as Sam pumped his fist in the air and handed over the headset quickly before I could change my mind.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” He said distractedly already making his way over to where a booth full of bleached blonde haired girls sat. What they were doing here this late at night I had no idea.

“Welcome to McDonald’s can I please take your order?” I said in a monotone voice as a small white car pulled up.

“Um, yes, we’ll have a number 3 meal with a Sprite, a number 8 sandwich with no cheese and a small coke, and finally a-” there was a pause as the girl talked to someone. “Ok, Keri wants two number 9’s, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number 7, two number 12’s, one with cheese, and a large Diet Pepsi.”

I held in my laughter. Like ordering a diet soda would help with her problem.

I repeated the order and told them to come to the window while giving the guys in the back the order list.

“Hey!” someone yelled and I recognized the voice as the driver of the little white car. I turned and she said something else but I couldn’t hear her. Taking the headset off and leaning out the window to hear her better I asked, “What did you say ma’am?”

The driver had long light brown hair and green eyes and I easily got mesmerized and lost myself in them leaning farther out the window as she blinked and smiled at me. There was what looked like glitter here and there on her face and arms and her teeth were so very white. She innocently blinked at me again and I stretched as far as I could out the window to touch her stunning face. Suddenly, with lightning speed, she reached out and yanked me out of the drive-through window and halfway into the window of her car. The metal sliding window of the drive-through scraped my leg and pain shoot through me, but I could care less. I was utterly hypnotized by the feel of her hands on my skin and I could have died right there and been absolutely at peace with the world.

“Good you feel that way since you’re about to die in a couple minutes anyway.” A girl said sarcastically. She was sitting in the passenger seat and had short dark brown hair which she kept flipping out of her eyes with her hand in a haughty gesture. As if the world revolved around her and anyone who thought differently would suffer a painful death.

“Would you shut up Keri?”said the girl sitting directly behind. She had a short ponytail and a dark look about her as she smacked Keri hard in the back of her head.

Keri whipped around and glared at her about to say something until green eyes cut in.

“Does anyone want to help me here?!” she yelled in an angry voice as she held the still hypnotized me halfway in.
A tall boy with blond hair and a buzz cut sitting in the back next to dark ponytail girl had sat silently in the back and now leaned forward dragging the boy inside in one hard pull just as the other employees inside now alarmed, started racing toward the window after him.

“Tyler!” Sam screamed as white car screeched off into the traffic.

Dimly I heard him as if from far away and an annoying voice in the back of my head became alarmed and my eyebrows drew together as I irritatingly tried to push it away.

They pulled into a dark dank abandoned warehouse and shoved me out the car door my back hitting hard on the cold cracked ground. The voice became more persistent as I looked at the green eyed girl from the ground as she talk to the other three and wished she’d turn around and smile at me again. It finally registered on me what they were talking about. They were talking about how they were going to clean up after themselves after they ate. Looking around I didn’t see any food of any kind and they never got the food they ordered. What were they going to eat?

After they finished talking they took the light blue rings I never noticed off their thumbs and I swore I spotted fangs as they blond guy looked at me smiling. Where was I? What am I doing in an abandoned warehouse? Who are they? I thought in a panic. I started to get to my feet, fully intending to run out of the warehouse and as far away from them as my feet could take me and then a little more.

“You are our dinner.” Scary ponytail girl said in a creepy voice, reading my mind.

My eyes widened and I got up only to trip and fall flat on my back again. Gathering air in my lungs I was about to scream for my life until I saw the girl with the green eyes. She smiled at me, fangs and all, and my heart melted and I smiled back feeling as if God himself was cradling me in his arms.

“Good job Kim.” I heard Keri say as they got closer and closer all while I looked at the faces of the four stunningly beautiful angels that had come to guide me into the endless white light of oblivion.
© Copyright 2012 ShadowWriter (shadowwriter27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842637-Angels-and-Burgers