*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843016-Dreaming-the-beginning
Rated: E · Fiction · Philosophy · #1843016
This piece is a personal philosophical reflection I decided to turn into a short story.
Dreaming the beginning


Who could I tell of my dream? Who could understand? Who would believe an old man? They would believe I’m senile … maybe I am. But I feel at ease, I feel content, I don’t need to tell anyone else.

What a beautiful dream I had.

I felt time draining as my eyes were shutting close.
A few moments passed and I found myself walking on a pathway.
I remembered falling asleep, so I knew I was dreaming.
I could tell it was a pathway, but the scenery is hard to explain.

The colors I saw are beyond reason. I still wonder if I was seeing with my eyes.
The sounds I heard resemble crystals, it was beautiful, but one could not discern if it was some sort of musical arrangement or just noise.
The scenery was everything, yet nothing I could name.

I met a young boy. Strange place too meet him. He was about the age of my youngest grandson. I stopped and gazed at him. I knew words were of no use here. I soon understood. He was older; much, much older … and I only understood that because he allowed it.

He wasn’t there to impede me. But he wasn’t there to help me either. He was just there. He has always been there; on the path.

I wanted to leave and move forward. But he stopped me. He wanted to show me his generosity. He allowed it. One question … one answer.

I thought about if for a while. I knew what I wanted to know. But how could I ask. What? How? Why? But thinking of it was enough. He understood. He would show me.

… Things went quiet for a while … there was no more color , no more sound … there was nothing , absolutely nothing.

There was no time there either. I was beyond time, beyond space, beyond existence itself.
“So this is it! The void! The beginning! ” I reminded myself of what I wanted to know.

And then I saw them. Two beings. So small, yet so powerful. Unaware of each other they tread through nothingness, through infinity, through eternity. “How sad…” I thought to myself.

I waited there, I waited a while… I don’t remember how long.

It happened suddenly. I would have gasped if I could. They may have never met. But then again they had an eternity to find each other. And they did.


The attraction was so strong.
The forces involved are unspeakable off.
They were in love.
Their vibration ripped the void apart.
There was light and there was darkness.
There was matter, there was energy.
The void trembled as Existence came to be.
The son of Chaos and Order.

So in the end it was all about love.

… time stood still again…

I felt air filling my lungs. I opened my eyes and I saw my cup of coffee, it was still warm judging by the thin thread of steam. I felt the comfort of my favorite couch. And the light coming from my bedroom window delighted me. And here I am, wondering who I could tell of my great discovery.

My sons and daughter are downstairs. They are probably waiting for me to join them for supper. How nice of them to visit me. I almost feel sorry that I don’t have time to join them this time.







© Copyright 2012 Skelworath (skelworath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843016-Dreaming-the-beginning