*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843560-Dreams
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1843560
My thoughts on dreams, with inspiration from ones I've had as of late.
Dreams. The encompassment of the subconscious. Feelings, emotions, desires, lusts. Yearnings. Things that can be felt by the heart, untouchable by the flesh. A place where we can indulge our innermost feelings, being unimpressionable, unsheathed, with no opposing side leading us to doubt our actions. A world of no restraint where anything can happen. Your deepest desires come to life…even if they are unknown to the conscious mind. A realm to which the soul can unleash its fury, passion, sadness, longing, happiness. A place where you can rest at ease that the only person who knows of these acts is yourself. The untouchable things of life become real, tangible. A peek into your true wishes and fears. So real you can feel them, taste them, smell them. Then the uttermost letdown when you are shoved back into a conscious state only to realize it was all a pseudo-reality. Pleasurable, a place of comfort the conscious mind aches to reach in slumber. Never wanting to wake up, to be able to live in the dream that makes us happy, alive, satisfied. Conscious life, while being the bully that pushes dreams down on the sidewalk, making us anxious and angry that they cannot come alive, at the same time give them the luster, the luminescent memory that they are by being so jagged, harsh, callous.
© Copyright 2012 Grae Owl (theheartwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843560-Dreams