*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843583-Story-Diagram-A-Letter-From-Nonna
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1843583
A story outline




Diagram of: A Letter From Nonna



1. Synopsis of Story: A woman, torn by love of her home and family, must decide what is most important to her in life, a life that ends in tragedy when she places her trust in the wrong man.



2. Sketch of Central Character: A woman devoted to family who cannot bring herself to leave home and family to move to America to join her husband. She makes two trips to America and is much too unhappy to remain. During WW II she can no longer receive money from her husband and she and her five children fall into desperate poverty. Due to an accident she is sent to an asylum and her children put into the equivalent of foster homes.



3. CC’s Wants Needs and Desires: She wants to remain in Italy and have her husband and children with her. She wants a home, a small piece of land, and to live as she has always lived, in the peace and serenity of the mountains of northern Italy.



4. Life Changing Event: There are a few life changing events. Her father’s death causes her to have to make an important decision. WW II causes severe changes in her life style and her ability to care for her five children. Later, an accident changes her life completely and places her in an asylum, but not because of pressing psychological reasons.

© Copyright 2012 Bikerider (bikerider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843583-Story-Diagram-A-Letter-From-Nonna