*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844063-Originality
by aryan
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1844063
Essence of word Originality
What do you mean by originality?


Look at the words with broad eyes, you will find a combination of two words.


1) Origin: in Latin origo means “beginning, source, birth, origin” and oriri means “to rise”


2) –Ality: “A compound suffix of Latin origin, also in reduced form -alty, as in reality, realty, legality, loyalty, etc.”


Therefore the combination “originality” can also be termed as “The new idea – a one of its own kind, for a definite purpose”.


My motive to write this page is to interpret the “word” by its sound and to focus on its essential meaning, which can serve as a useful tool in both professional and personal life of an individual.


So let me start by asking you, what do you mean by “invention” and “discovery”?


Invention is something, where a process of thought leads to an idea. This idea later-on turns out be an important tool (equipment/idea for a work, process). On the other hand discovery mean, observation or making of an unknown object/idea public.


Here in this case, invention is original concept, whereas, discovery tend to be original. Invention is the source, and discovery is a derivative.


The human beings are the most intelligent species currently present on this earth. We use logic to decide right or wrong. Because we have brains. Our brain is the source of origination of all the ideas, which leads to discoveries and inventions that can make a change in this world.


We have to face all sorts of circumstances in life, ups and downs are part of it. What is the formula to face and reach success is to be original in thoughts and deeds and be yourself.


Case Study:


We all know that as population increases, value of a commodity decreases. For example, ten years ago only rich people bought cell phones (Approx. Rs. 10,000/-). Today, even a vegetable vendor/housemaid carry a cell phone (Rs. 2,000/-).


Therefore, increase in population is directly proportional to the number of commodity, inversely proportional to the cost of purchase.

As a result, to attract consumer in this highly competitive marketplace, every firm should come up with its own idea or a concept or a strategy different from its competitors.
© Copyright 2012 aryan (ss.ankur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844063-Originality