*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844123-Carnivale-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1844123
Carnivale is a carnival clown with a whole different set of problems than most...
Chapter 1


















“Carnivale!”

I could hear his voice echoing through the hallway, and I knew he was getting closer. The doorknob turned, and sure enough, there he was.

“What do you want, Ringleader?” I hissed, praying that the venom in my voice was clear.

He chuckled under his breath, that same arrogant smirk that added to my hatred of him plastered across his face. He moved closer, and I could feel his hand on my chin. I turned my head away from him, not wanting to look into the empty black eyes.

“Now, now, Carnivale, is that anyway to treat your husband?”

The word was filled with mockery, and it turned my stomach to disgust. He was laughing at me, trying to see how far he could push.

“Don't call yourself that, Ringleader. You don't deserve to say that word.”

He sighed, the mocking tone vanishing from his voice almost altogether.

“Carnivale, why do you hate me so? You refuse to even call me by name. Haven't I provided for you, looked after you? This comfortable room, your job, all of it I gave you. But still your animosity knows no bounds.”

“Provide for me? Look after me? You killed me! Bastard, you're lucky I call you anything at all. You want me to call you by name, hmm, Tragedy? Is that what you want from me? Fine. But I'll never call you husband. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to change, I work in ten minutes, and I have to see to Darling first.”

My name is Carnivale LeVay. I'm eighteen, and always will be, and I'm a carnival clown. Oh yeah, one more thing.

I'm dead.
© Copyright 2012 Diana Savaey (dinosgorawrr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844123-Carnivale-Chapter-1