*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844455-Miyamoto-Ryoko
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1844455
This is an incomplete version of Ryoko's profile. Tell me if anything needs improvement.
Ryoko


“Invincible under the Sun”

Primary Information

Name: Miyamoto Ryoko

Alias: Fū

Species: Homo sapiens

Race: Asian

Sex: Female

Age: 20

Birthday: Seventh Day of the Tenth Month, Year of the Dragon, 3214

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 150 lbs

Eye Color: Crimson

Hair Color: Black

Homeland: Empire of Japan

Birthplace: City of Fukuoka, Kyūshū, Japan

Residence: Edo Village, Honshu, Japan

Social Class: Samurai

Profession: Warrior

Additional Information

House: Miyamoto Clan

Talent(s): Martial Arts

Skill(s): Strategy and Tactics

Hobbies: Calligraphy, Writing, Meditation, and Dancing

Key Personality Trait(s): Passionate, Energetic, and Brave

Flaw(s): Willful, Stubborn, and Aggressive

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Marital Status: Single

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Religion: Zen Buddhism

Miscellaneous Notes

1.          Miyamoto Ryoko has devoted herself to perfecting her art.

a.          She chose that path to emulate her deceased mother Reiko.

b.          Unlike most girls, Ryoko chose the Way of the Sword, not the Way of the Spear.

2.          Ryoko like her twin sister, Momo, was born with the gift of magic.  She studied the arcane arts as diligently as she studied anything else that piqued her interest.  Momo, however, proved abler with magic than she did.

a.          Ryoko, of course, focused on the practical aspects of magic whereas Momo delved deeper into its subtler mysteries and would eventually become a battle mage.

3.          Hosokawa Jin, a retired field commander, taught Ryoko the martial arts.  She taught Ryoko that experience should inform technique.  “There is no better teacher,” said Jin, “than experience.”  Thus, Jin would take Ryoko hunting, fishing, and play board games like go and shogi with her, games she believed would impart important lessons concerning strategy and tactics.  She also encouraged Ryoko to approach things with an open mind.

a.          Jin was more than Ryoko’s sensei; she was her stepmother.

4.          Ryoko is a concubine.  But her duties go beyond merely pleasuring her master or giving birth to his children.  She protects him, his honor, and safeguards his castle alongside the other concubines, maidservants, and his wife.

Physical Appearance

Ryoko is a beautiful young woman with eyes like rubies and hair darker than a moonless night.  Somehow, in spite of her martial training, she has kept her figure.

Biography

Invincible under the Sun

“With a shriek, Akemi closed the gap between her and Yoritomo, crimson eyes focused on him, wooden sword poised to strike.  Yoritomo’s eyes widened.  Startled by the suddenness of her charge, he reached for his sword, but it was too late.  Ryoko struck him hard on his forehead.  The sound of oak breaking bone resonated throughout the training hall.  The man immediately dropped to his knees, eyes closed, and fell onto his back, blood gushing from the gash on his head.  Moments passed.  Akemi eyed the prone warrior suspiciously.  She knew this could be a ruse.  Still, he did not move.

         “Akemi brushed a loose strand of hair from her face and turned to walk away.  Suddenly, Yoritomo swung his sword out in a wide arc, intending to cut off her leg.  Akemi jumped backward with a startled yelp.  Then, with all the strength she could muster, she brought her sword down onto his chest.  The snap of breaking bones resonated once again.  He stopped moving.  She glowered at Yoritomo.  Blood seeped from his mouth. 

“Convinced he was now dead, Ryoko took two steps backward, still watching him, and then turned around.  She bowed to her mother, and then bowed to the other students, walked over to where she had been sitting, and sat down.  Once the servants had removed the corpse from the room, training resumed as if nothing had happened. 

“No one condemned Akemi for what she had then.  She did the right thing, but she should have let the task fall to someone else, someone less important.  Still, no one, not even Reiko, could fault Akemi for her decision.”

-Hosokawa Jin-

***

Origins

“I have followed the Way of the Warrior since before I can remember.  Yet the Way was never my choice but the choice others made for me.”

—Miyamoto Ryoko

© Copyright 2012 Shigeru (miyamoto-san at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844455-Miyamoto-Ryoko