*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844490-PlayTime
Rated: ASR · Other · Horror/Scary · #1844490
The story has an eeriness that i feel in almost enchanting, of the girl as she waits.


The water sits still as the mist clouds the eyes of the girl sitting on the bank.
She silently sits as the small air bubbles of the fish just beneath the waters surface rise to the top of the water popping with just the slightest sound, as they release the air they once held.
The mist slowly becomes more dense, and the sun is now starting to set.
The girl knowing of the time pulls out a blanket from the small faded pink backpack that rest on her side.
The blanket now draped over her only covering the top of her bare ankles.
As the wind picks up and the light sound of crickets fills the night air, as the tip of the sun is now only slightly peeking over the horizon.
The moons light shines the world seems to take a new life, almost as it has been bathed in a pure untainted light.
As the young girl raises her head to watch the moon as it rises her hair catches the light of the moon, and in that moment it's as if she has the beautiful glow of an angel that has descended from heaven.
The girl gazes in the still water, watching the moon as it seems to follow her eyes gaze.
She looks seemingly straight at her expression, as she examined her almost lonely look.
The silence of the night creeps in to her mind as she waits.
But what does she wait so intensely for?
As the moon steadily reaches its highest point in the sky.
The moon seems to create a cold shadow on the hazed over water.
Her ears seem to perk up at the sound of a seemingly familiar sound, as the sound rang in her ears the intoxicating scent of newly budded daisies in the summer filled what seemed to feel like her whole body with the warm scent.
As her eyes were drawn to the water through the part in her hair, she sees a outline that is far to familiar with her.
Her eyes move forward as she catches sight on the hem of a full length white silk dress.
She watches as the moon hits the figure, and she sees the shadow of the dress as it stretches across the water.
She slightly lifts her head only enough to see the rose colored mouth of the figure.
She watches as the figure seems to mouth the words. . .
" Are you a friend? "
As soon as these words are mouthed the wind almost seems to whistle in her ears.
She traces the word yes on the still water.
The figure mouths the words. . .
" Is it you Elizabeth? "
The wind whistles.
Elizabeth traces the word yes on the still water, as she does the ripples seem to follow the ones from her previous answer.
The figure almost seems to smile as she mouths the words. . .
" Lets play Elizabeth. "
The wind almost seems to laugh.
Elizabeth is hesitant but eventually traces the word yes on the water in response.
The figure holds out it's hand as it gestures to come closer.
Elizabeth walks in to the water as she touches the surface she flinches at the chilliness of the water but continues. . .
Once the water is up to her shoulders she has reached the figure.
The figure mouths. . .
" Do you like games? "
The figure kneels down and. . .
Disappears
The sudden feeling of being pulled down overcomes Elizabeth.
She goes under the water, and with a couple of air bubbles breaking at the surface the night falls back into silence.
The sound of dripping water fills the night air, as head begins to rise from the water.
The head of Elizabeth slowly becomes visible over the water.
In an almost nails on the chalkboard voice she says. . .
" Wanna Play? "
Her eyes pierce through her soaked hair to revile that they are nothing but a void of blackness.
As she starts to rise again and the sound of the screams echoed through the air.
Elizabeth says in one more chilling voice. . .
" Let's Play Forever. "





© Copyright 2012 Alice Living (neverfreehere at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844490-PlayTime