*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844756-Mommy-Dearest
by carrie
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1844756
Thoughts an adult has on a mother.
         She would never admit to saying all that she did when her daughters were young. She will always pretend she was the perfect parent. She will say she never yelled or raised her voice. She will tell you she never favored one daughter over the other. She will always say she never let her kids see her cry in anger. It would all be a lie.
         She yelled at the top of her lungs every day. She would be heard talking on the phone about how her child was a brat, and that the other one was the best child she could ask for. She would be seen brushing one child's hair as she was telling the other she didn't have time for her nonsense. When she would introduce her daughters to her friends one was always first followed by how pretty she was, the other was often just flat out forgotten.
         As her daughters grew it was shown to everyone inside and outside the family who she favored. Parties were planned, college was paid for, cars were paid for, rent was paid for. The daughter was handed everything, the other left in shadow. She gave her daughter everything she wanted.
         For the shadow, life was fine. She knew her place, knew where her mother wanted her and grew to live with it. As the years have gone by there is still one thing she gave her mother that she never got in return. The feeling of knowing her mother loved her.
© Copyright 2012 carrie (carrielbaker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844756-Mommy-Dearest