*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844802-Animal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1844802
A man finds himself changed.
I awoke to find myself in the woods. “what the?” Were the only words that came to mind. The last  thing I could remember was swerving to miss the deer, and then rolling over and over. Maybe I was thrown from the car. I inspected  myself. I certainly seemed to be in good health. Not even the slightest scratch. In fact the scar I had on my fore arm since I was a child, was gone. My clothing were all clean none of the rips or tears that had previously been. A thought had been forming in my mind. “Whoa … Am I….. dead?”

“You most certainly are not dead.” This very odd, but magnificent creature stood before me. It’s head was that of a 8 point deer. It’s torso was that of a man, with a few patches of scales here and there. At the end of its arms, where it’s hands should have been, it had talons. It also had the most beautiful wings of an eagle easily 8 foot wing span. It’s legs were actually a giant fish tale.

“My name is Makshee!” I realized that this Makshee wasn’t talking but thinking. This was confirmed to me when, Makshee answered several of my questions before I had time to ask them.
“I am the sprit of the animals. Yes I’m real. Yes I’m speaking to you  telepathically. No I am not Satan.  Yes my talons could rip you in to tiny pieces of  flesh. No I’m not going to eat you.” This was awesome I was standing  before this sprit of animals, and I was being given the opportunity  of my dreams, to spend  eternity  as an animal of my choosing. The clear choice to me was a wolf… No I know.

“I would love to fly with the Eagles.” A strange sort of smile crossed  Makshee’s face, and before my eyes my body began to change. First my arms sprouted feathers. Then my legs began to shrink, and my feet became talons. Suddenly I could see the little mice running from tree to tree. I was excited, and I jumped into the air only to come crashing down. “Hey!.. Why can’t I fly?” Makshee’s voice was full of laughter in my head. “Easy…easy u have been a bird all of five seconds it will take time to develop the skill of flight.”  What Makshee said made sense . “But how will I hunt and feed myself?”
“You will not need to feed you are immortal.”

This is where this short story ends, cause I’m not sure if I want to make the main character a protector, or an avenger. 
© Copyright 2012 midnight shadow (shadowdove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844802-Animal