*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845521-The-Vampire-Princess
by brilee
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1845521
A human girl who was a princess before she could figure out what was going on.
Brittani

“Mom I don’t want to move, why won’t you listen to me??” I say as I walk down the stairs of my dad’s house carrying the rest of my belongings.
My mother left me when I was born to be in foster care. Two years ago I was diagnosed with a disease that changed not only my life but my dad’s too. My mom never told my dad she was pregnant so when a 13 year old sick little girl showed up on his front porch you can imagine he was surprised. When I was diagnosed with one of the rarest diseases on the Earth, foster care could no longer keep me so they found my father and made him take me. I didn’t even know what my mom looked like until 3 months ago when she decided it was time to come see her child, the same one she left to be alone so you imagine how I feel about moving in with her right?
I mean I live in Key West, Florida and she wants me to go with her to Valinda Town, West Virginia. It’s a desolate little town that’s under a almost constant cover of clouds, this is the complete opposite of the sunny, never rains Key West I’m used to.
When my mom suggested we move to Valinda I suggested she get out of my life but it didn’t work. My dad loves me but he also has a girlfriend he wants to make a wife and she’s not comfortable with having a reminder of my mom, so after thinking about others and not just myself I agreed to go with my mom. That is to go to prison.
“Ang, do you want to eat before we get off the plane?” My mother says. “Yeah, sure let me just get something from my bag.” I say then take a minute to get my bearings before standing to get my bag.
Only when I’ve searched the bag three times does it sink in, my medicine is missing. Its not there, my panic rises ten-fold. I quickly rain it in and try to stay calm. “Mom actually we need to hurry and get to the hospital.” I say trying to keep the panic out but the lump continues to grow and my head swims. I push through and focus on my mom. “Sweetheart, is something wrong?” my mom asks. I hate the way she uses that fake I’m worried voice. “No, yes, I’m not sure. It depends how much longer till we land??”
“Excuse me ma’am?” my mom says trying to get the flight attendant’s attention. “Yes, what can I do for you?” she says obviously annoyed. “Ang, why don’t you explain, I don’t exactly know what I’m supposed to explain.” my mom whispers to me trying to be secret about not knowing me at all.
“I need to get off the plane and to the hospital as soon as we--” my head fills with pain and it takes me a minute to focus. “As soon as we land, I seem to have forgotten my medicine at home. I have Aluc-” This time the pain in my head makes me cry out before I clamp down and force myself to continue, “Alucutosis and need it immedi-” This time I can’t continue so I just settle down and grit my teeth and try to focus on calming down.
“Casey, go tell the pilot we have a 401 emergency and need an ambulance when we touch down.” The lady named Casey rushes to the cockpit and the flight attendant hurries about gathering pillows. “Ma’am if you could just let me put these pillows behind you? We land in 10 minutes, will you be okay until then?” I nod for both questions trying my best to hold on to everything for ten minutes. Easier said than done.
When we finally touch down I can barely feel myself at all but I know I have to continue I have no choice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason

“What is it Teresa ?” I say seeing how hers hands tighten on the phone. “Yes, I’ll be there. I will be ready for whatever happens. Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.” she hangs up the phone and looks at me. “There’s an alucutosis patient getting off the flight from South Carolina and she seems to have forgotten her medicine. She freaked out ten minutes before touch-down and now is about to have an epileptic seizure. You coming?” “I guess. Not like I have anything better to do here.”
Valinda isn’t very big so we make it to the hospital in 20 minutes, as soon as we walk in we are greeted by a host of doctors and are led into a tiny room not far from the entrance.
On the bed is a young girl who is just about as pale as I am, she also appears to be sweating bullets as she tries to hold back what we all know should have already come. Its actually amazing she hasn’t already had her seizure. “Jace, what’s her name?” Teresa asks. “Brittani Smith, her moms outside should I go get her?” I ask trying to get a read on Teresa’s face. Of course for the moment Teresa ignores me and I take that as a “no.” “Brittani, hi, I’m Teresa Anderson and I’m your doctor. I need you to look at me and stop fighting your seizure, I’m right here and I promise I wont let anything happen to you.” The girl, Brittani, nods but as she fights to relax it isn’t Teresa her eyes are on, its me. I can’t help it, I move to her bedside take her hand and say “Your not alone and you won’t be, you can let it come.” she nods and closes her eyes.
I can’t help it but I close mine too and I slide out of consciousness.
Vision 1

Where am I? I’ve been here before, I recognize something I just can’t put my finger on it. I sit on the grass and look at the sky.
Its beautiful is it not?” I jump to see a girl so beautiful that my mind can’t grasp her. “Wh-Who are you? Where am I?” my voice sounds weak. Damn IT! “You of all people do not recognize me, the venom would never have change you if it not for me. You are once more in my domain but this time it is not I who do you the favor, it is you who I must now ask a favor.”
“Princess….you saved me, I will do anything, anything you ask.” “There is a girl is there not? One who attracted you, one who you feel obliged to protect. She is special but she knows it not. Protect her, carry her heart, and keep her mind safe, this is what I ask of you. Will you do it?” her voice carries such power, that shivers carry down my spine and penetrates every crevice of my body. “Yes, my queen.”
When I wake up its Tersea that’s standing over me not Brittani like I hoped. “Jason, are you okay?” Teresa sounds really concerned so I rush to comfort her. “Yeah, I’m fine, I don’t know what happened. I saw her relax and then I felt so relaxed its almost like I fell asleep. I can feel her but not like I normally can, its deeper. I don’t know how to explain it.” No I don’t even tell my adopted mother about meeting the princess, its just doesn’t feel right. At least not right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brittani

I wake up to a feeling of pure exhaustion, I look over to see a nurse. I turn over and meet the eyes of the boy from my dream. “I’ll go get your mom.” the nurse says and leaves the room.
“Oh I really hope she meant your mom and not mine.” After saying this I groan at the way my voice sounds so delicate. “Yes she meant my mom. Are you in pain?” He sounds so sweet. Oh my gosh and I sound like a baby. “No, I just sound like a baby and it makes me mad. By the way, I don’t think I know you and I don’t think you know me.” I say then want to kick myself for sounding like a girl whose dying, then again I am in a hospital.
“Well you don’t know me but after sitting here watching you sleep and talking to your mom I feel like I know you.” Under normal circumstances that might have been weird but coming from him it just sounds sweet and cute.
“O-K, anyway how much does my mother know?”
“Well I didn’t tell her anything and neither did Teresa. She felt like it was your responsibility and we didn’t want to say anything that you didn’t want to tell her. If you don’t mind my asking, why is she so clueless about your medical condition? I mean I’m not trying to pry but you are like her daughter so why doesn’t she understand your condition?” he sounds so worried that I smile.
“Well that’s a lot of questions, so I’ll start from the beginning. My mom gave me away when I was born and I hadn’t ever seen her until three months ago when she decided I was her kid and she should never have left. She took me away to here and she didn’t even know about any of this stuff. Don’t worry about “prying”, what my mom does is my mom not me and I don’t even know if being here is right.” When I finish I don’t notice I’m crying until he reaches over and wipes a tear from my check.
“Everyone is different, even me, so just cause your mom and your disease is where you are different than thats just you. No one can judge you for who your mom is and don’t you worry cause I won’t.
The doctor walked in then and I was stunned into silence at how pretty she was. “Hi there, I’m Teresa Anderson and this is my son Jason though you probably already know that.” Jason that’s a really cute name. NO I DO NOT have a crush on him, oh crap I think its to late. “I would say my names Brittani but you probably already know that so I just gonna say hi.” “Well, I do already know that but its nice to hear you say it, I can check off motor impairments from my list. So I’m going to keep you for 2 days just to make sure everything’s okay. After that your free to go, but I would like to see how your doing from time to time.” she finishes and I just want to scream, WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO BE HERE?. Instead I say, “Is my mom anywhere to be found or did she run away? I might as well, go ahead and explain.” “Yeah, she’s in the cafeteria, I’ll go get her.” Jason says and gets up to leave. No please, please DON’T.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason

As I got up to go get the mother, my head screamed with pain and I immediately fell to my knees. The girl in the bed cried out also, ignoring the cords connecting her to the machine, she jumped down. “Are you okay??!!” Teresa jump at both of us then. “Brittani please back in the bed, take this and press it on that.” I looked down and i saw my hand bleeding, the IV that’s where the IV had been…. “Jace are you okay? What happened?” I heard everything that Teresa said but my eyes not once strayed from Brittani’s face. “I just had a spell, can you go get her mother? I think I’m going to stay sitting.” The nurse had just arrived and was sopping the blood that came from the girls wrist. She tried her best not to winced but it seems the pain she didn’t feel a minute ago was now excruciating, like the change… I pushed the thought away. I looked at the nurse, then at Teresa. I guess my meaning rang true because Teresa went to the nurse giving her the instructions to get Brittani’s mom from the cafeteria and bring her here. The nurse left and Teresa took her spot and started dotting at the blood that went down her arm. “Jace, please explain to my mom.” Exhaustion pushed and she closed her eyes and fell asleep. “Can you heal it?” I watched her face as she stared at the cut. “ I think so, it shouldn’t be that hard its just a small cut. Will you please tell me what’s going on? Your not acting like yourself.” I closed my eyes and tried to reason it out for myself. It wasn’t that easy that I couldn’t just have an answer. “She’s special, I don’t know exactly how but its true. I feel her with my gift more than any other and her blood doesn’t lull me into having to leave the room. When she started bleeding, it wasn’t that I wanted her blood it was more…. I’m sorry Teresa I can’t explain it.” I watch Brittani’s sleeping form, she whimpered slightly but not even loud enough Teresa to hear. I look at Teresa she is obviously having a little trouble healing the cut but refuses to let it show. “Are you okay?” I ask and try to not let my smugness show. “I don’t know why but I cant get through to her to heal her.” Please heal her, there has to be a way please Princess let her be healed.
“Call to her she’s to tense, the healer has no power unless she calms down. It‘s you who has the power to heal her.”
“Teresa, can you move, please? I want to try something.” I move and take Teresa’s place. Instead of paying attention to the cut, I attune everything to the girl on the bed. My heart jumps as I begin to sense her, slowly at first then utterly and completely. She’s a whirlwind of emotions and slowly one by one I calm them down, then concentrate on Teresa. I feel her power and push myself to channel it through me, slowly the cut begins to heal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brittani

“Jace, please explain to my mom.” I close my eyes and am blinded by a light so bright It hurts my eyes.
Vision 2

I’m in a meadow so beautiful its a miracle it can even be. I look around and see a girl, she has blond hair and a slender body more slender than mine can ever be. She turns as if sensing my presence for the first time, “Welcome to my meadow, it is beautiful is it not?” her voice a melody that lulls me. “It is so pretty. Where am I? Who are you?” I know her, she’s… “I’m the Princess, well a form of her anyway. I’m the minor part of her, you are the true form of me and you are in danger. I want to tell you everything, but only if you are ready.” She turns and walks to a spot on the grass covered with a blanket, not thinking I follow her. “I want to know and I will listen to you.” I simply say, I have no other thoughts in my head it is completely empty for the first time in my life. “It may hurt I’m afraid. You must be truly ready.” she sits and I feel my self lowering to the ground but not once taking my eyes off her. “I’ll do it.”
For the first time in my life, everything fit. I looked up and saw her looking at me, her hand held out to me. Should I take her hand, what if I’m not ready… Instead of thinking about that I reach out and take her hand.
When our hands touched, a electric shock ran throughout my body and stung leaving everything in pain as it left. I felt something and I pushed to find out what.
“We have been alive since the start of vampires, It was a long time ago but my story is now yours. Take it, understand it, you are me, as I am you.” Her voice which I had been hanging on to fades away leaving the pain, which fads also.
PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.
“As you wish.”
Everything was bright then it changed, I saw myself. She didn’t look like me but never the less it was, everything was different mainly the fact that I had wing. YES, wings. The Lord sat on his throne, angels around, bowed down. Many were crying. The Lord’s voice rang clear, through my ears and straight to my heart, “You have turned from me my children, so you must go unto Earth until the day you prove to yourself and to me that you are truly my angel. You shall walk the Earth, hungering for the blood of humans.” They left one by one to the door, among them my sister and mother. I turned to the Lord and with tears in my eyes said, “Please Lord, let me follow them to the Earth, let me help and protect them, please my gracious Father. Among those that have sinned against you is my mother, sister, and my friends, please Lord, allow me a chance.” He looked at me as he had all his angels, love of the truest kind always in his eyes. “My child, is this what you truly want to walk the Earth and thirst for blood?”
“My Lord, they are my family and friends, I will do what I must if I have a chance to help them. It doesn’t matter what I must do in order to help them.” “For your kindness, your gift will change, you will have all of the gifts needed. My gift to you, my child, is I give you my gifts as long as your heart stays pure and I keep your heart.” “My Lord, heart is yours for now and for forever.”


© Copyright 2012 brilee (brilee15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845521-The-Vampire-Princess