*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845927-Columbia-Ch-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jake
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1845927
A few lines from my Ist rough draft of my novel.
It had been a hard winter for Lexi. A recent, bitter divorce, a son about to graduate college and another graduating high school had left her emotionally drained. Dallas real estate had been good to her family. Her, now ex husband, Robert was the top agent in the Westlake community where million dollar homes were as prevalent as mesquite trees. It afforded box seats at Rangers games and dinner with the Cowboys quarterback. They had been fixtures of Dallas society but all of that seemed so distant, so other worldly now. She was searching.

She didn't know how or why she had come back to this place. Maybe it was to reconnect with a past long forgotten or find a future that never was.

Years ago she had been a beautiful, popular high school cheerleader, straight A student, a girl everyone knew was going places. Her family wasn't rich but wealthy enough that people noticed. Now here she stood thinking how odd it was to be ringing the doorbell to the house she grew up in. It wasn't her place to just barge in since it now belonged to her sister, Pam.

"Mercy sakes alive! You are skinny as a rail!" Pam always was the more"countrified" of the family. She fell in love with horses at a young age and dated every redneck/cowboy she could find around Columbia, Tn. She was a barrel racer as a teenager and won blue ribbons at every county fair rodeo from Cookeville to Jackson.
© Copyright 2012 Jake (johnson13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845927-Columbia-Ch-1