*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845990-Lesson-Exercise-4-Discussion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1845990
Lesson Exercise #4 Discussion
A. What information did you learn in this lesson that helped you in someway? So far, I’ve learned that attempting to learn comma placement can be a futile effort if you understanding of formal grammar is weak.

B. What information have we studied so far that is confusing to you? So far, I’m able to keep up with the subject.



The Circle of Life

Deliciously sweet flower scents were in the air. It was a bright, refreshing day. The longhouses were surprisingly filled with loud activity. It was as if they too were slowly awakening from the winter sleep. The anxiously awaited time of the Flower Moon filled everyone with new hope and vigor.

"Grandfather, Grandfather," Yellow Feather's face was a brightly-colored red. He was seemingly worried. "Come. I have found a dreadfully hurt bird. We must help him!"
Chuckling to himself, Soaring Eagle lifted his aging body up as his joints loudly creaked. He went to see what his lively grandson of eight winters, Yellow Feather, had found. He was such a kind, loving, and curious child. He was sturdily built with beautiful deer eyes that touched hearts. His long ebony hair glistened. "Well, Grandson, let's have a look." The two quickly walked up the hill a bit amongst the cottonwood trees, some Palo Verde, and the ever-present acacia. This is beautiful land you have shown to us, Mother Earth, thought Soaring Eagle.
"See! Right here it is, Grandfather. We have to help him tenderly."
Soaring Eagle put his hand up to cover his eyes and quickly block out Father Sun as he slowly looked around for a nest. He spied one just above his head and near where the baby bird lay.
"Can I take him home, Grandfather?"
"No, Grandson," said Grandfather wisely. "Mother Earth surprisingly deals with humans and animals that are in need very carefully. If we move the bird, his mother will not be able to find him when she returns. If you were hurt, wouldn't you want your mother to quickly come and get you? If some strangers took you with them, then she might not ever find you."
"Mama would be very sad. She might even cry," said yellow feather sadly and thoughtfully.
"I'm sure she would, Yellow Feather. And you are a very clever boy to understand that."
"But, what if the bird suddenly dies, Grandfather?"
"Then, Mother Earth has another plan for this baby. We must not unjustly question Mother Earth because she is extremely smart and holds all--even our friendly animal brothers--in her big heart. She certainly knows what is best for each of us."
"Come, Grandson, let's quietly go down and lazily sit by the beautiful creek while we wisely discuss these things. Listening to the gentle brook should be a wonderfully refreshing treat for us today. You might even get to see some beautiful Butterflies. Perhaps the Frogs will speak to us also."



Number of Adverbs are 29
The Circle of Life
Sweet flower scents were in the air. It was a bright, refreshing day. The longhouses were filled with loud activity. It was as if they too were awakening from the winter sleep. The awaited time of the Flower Moon filled everyone with new hope and vigor.

"Grandfather, Grandfather," Yellow Feather's face was a colored red. He was worried. "Come. I have found a hurt bird. We must help him!"
Chuckling to himself, Soaring Eagle lifted his aging body up as his joints creaked. He went to see what his grandson of eight winters, Yellow Feather, had found. He was such a kind, loving, and curious child. He had beautiful deer eyes that touched hearts. His long ebony hair glistened.
"Well, Grandson, let's have a look." The two walked up the hill a bit amongst the cottonwood trees, some Palo Verde, and the ever-present acacia. This is beautiful land you have shown to us, Mother Earth, thought Soaring Eagle.
"See! Right here it is, Grandfather. We have to help him."
Soaring Eagle put his hand up to cover his eyes and block out Father Sun as he looked around for a nest. He spied one just above his head and near where the baby bird lay.
"Can I take him home, Grandfather?"
"No, Grandson," said Grandfather. "Mother Earth deals with humans and animals that are in need. If we move the bird, his mother will not be able to find him when she returns. If you were hurt, wouldn't you want your mother to come and get you? If some strangers took you with them, then she might not ever find you."
"Mama would be very sad. She might even cry," said yellow feather.
"I'm sure she would, Yellow Feather. And you are a very clever boy to understand that."
"But, what if the bird dies, Grandfather?"
"Then, Mother Earth has another plan for this baby. We must not question Mother Earth because she is smart and holds all--even our animal brothers--in her big heart. She knows what is best for each of us."
"Come, Grandson, let's go down and sit by the beautiful creek while we discuss these things. Listening to the brook should be a treat for us today. You might even get to see some beautiful Butterflies. Perhaps the Frogs will speak to us also."
© Copyright 2012 Ironworker (ironworker156 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845990-Lesson-Exercise-4-Discussion