*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/184756-Killer-Part-1
by RatDog
Rated: 13+ · Article · Tragedy · #184756
My thoughts on a carjacking in which a local woman was killed.
From my Weblog: http://icymarch.blogspot.com/?/2001_01_01_icymarch_archive.html

Killer

Another senseless killing in our fair city made the headlines today. Seems the woman wouldn't turn over her keys fast enough to the punk carrying out the carjacking, so he stabbed her to death. The perpetrator was tackled and held by a couple of witnesses until the police arrived. Here's a quote from the guy: "The lady wouldn't give me her car. She wouldn't take me seriously. So I stabbed the f---ing bitch."

This is a perfect example of why I'm in favor of the death penalty. I consider myself more liberal than conservative in most of my opinions, but this is not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, someone caught red handed in such a brutal senseless murder should be tried, convicted, and executed as soon as possible. Some people might argue that life in prison is punishment enough. But often "life" means the convict gets out on parole in ten or fifteen years. But the woman he killed is gone for good, they won't commute her sentence for good behavior and let her come back to life in ten or fifteen years...

But wait, you might argue,. he's probably a "victim of society", raised in a "negative home environment". In the words of Danny Elfman :

"...Only a lad, You really can't blame him
Only a lad, Society made him
Only a lad, He's our responsibility
Only a lad, He really couldn't help it
Only a lad, He didn't want to do it
Only a lad, He's underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused..."

This may sound cold, but you know what? That's too bad, I don't really give a rats ass why someone turns out to be a low life car jacking killer. I just think they need to be gotten rid of, the same as you would put down a rabid dog, for the good of society. I think the last verse of that Boingo song is appropriate here:

"Hey there Johnny, you really don't fool me.
You get away with murder and you think it's funny.
You don't give a damn if we live or if we die.
Hey there Johnny boy, I hope you fry!"

To wrap this up, the only positive note in the whole story is there were witnesses nearby that had the balls to tackle this guy and detain him until the police arrived. And there were other people who rushed to try and aid the victim in her last moments on earth... I guess there are still some good people left in this world.

posted by cy at 11:08 PM 1/30/01
© Copyright 2001 RatDog (cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/184756-Killer-Part-1