*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847631-Always-a-Price-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1847631
A girl enters a private academy. Little did she know the school was not all it seemed
********* This will most likely have plenty of mistakes in punctuation and grammar. Please overlook them while reading. Thanks! :) ************

Introduction

         A little girl sat in a meadow, humming as she picked flowers that were waving back and forth with the wind, as if they were dancing together. Little did she notice a man staring at her, watching her carefully as she stood and walked to her mother, handing her bundles of colorful bouquets she had gathered. The mother, a beautiful woman, smiled as she accepted the gift from her beloved daughter. A lovely smile lighted her face while the man looked on, an ache forming in his heart. But the decision had already been made, he could not waste any time wishing for inevitable. Storing the images of the mother and daughter deep into his heart, he disappeared without a sound.

Chapter One: New Beginning

         Hundreds of eyes staring at me are, most likely, one of the things that would freak me out. How ironic that my situation right now would be exactly that,about to stand on stage with a principle of one of the most secluded schools in America. Kingsdale High School is a high school for smart, impossibly-rich kids to attend. None of those things had any relations with me. I was an average A-B student who made a living through working several hours a day. My mom works all day at her job as a nurse, often coming home weary-eyed and exhausted. My dad was no help at all, having disappeared before I was even born. Mom and I used to have a good relationship, going out to eat every Friday, making it a tradition between the two of us. After a few years though, a pile of bills began to form out of nowhere, taking our house and money away. Using the money that my mom had stored over the years, we moved to a run-down, two room apartment. That had occurred this summer, and that was when my job at the cafe came in.

         The Latte is a really great place. Nice and clean, most workers truly care about the customers having a great time and enjoying the food made for them. It gave pretty good pay since the cafe was such a great success. The bonus was that the boss knew my situation, I don't necessarily know how to be truthful, and tries to help in any way possible without making it look suspicious. I desperately hoped that none of these eyes staring at me right now would know about the Latte. I know that was is a selfish feeling but it would be a disaster if one of these rich kids saw me working at a cafe. Most at Kingsdale would probably have million dollar houses and look down at me, and trust me, I don't any more problems on my hands for a good number of years.

         I'm not really sure how I got into Kingsdale Highschool. One day, during freshman year, I was called up to the office. The principle had told me that I had won the lottery to attend Kingsdale High. I never even knew that I had entered into a lottery. Late on I figured out that my mom had entered me. That was also the time that I learned about my mom and her many years of entering me into lotteries that I didn't even know existed for attending good schools. This had been the first of many lottery entries that my mother had put in, and she was ecstatic that I would attend one of the best schools in the world. Me, I was a bit shocked, and worried.

         "Good morning students of Kingsdale High." the principle began. "I would like to thank all of you who have chosen to attend this school for the second semester."
         My hands began to shake, feeling the driving force of the stares. Why, oh why, did the school demand to introduce new students in front of the whole school?
         The principle began to talk about the rules at Kingsdale High, setting the boundaries before getting to anything else. A short, stocky woman, the principle,Mrs. Henry, had piercing eyes that could stop anyone from doing anything with a glare.

         "Now I would like to introduce you to our new student, Skye Heather."

         The whole crowd, which had been quite loud, suddenly became stilled as the announcement rang out around the stadium. One of the counselors nudged me and nodded for me to join the principle. Taking a deep breath, I walked up the steps to the stage, where Mrs.Henry waited impatiently for me. As soon as I stood in front the crowd, I straitened up and gave them my best appearance. A few wolf-whistles pierced the silence, causing Mrs.Henry to slit her eyes, looking for the culprits. The whistles made me blush, realizing, again, that these people were heirs to billion dollar companies.

         "Please help her settle in sophomores. Remember the codes at Kingsdale High students." Mrs. Henry spoke, sounding very much like a warning.

         The rest of the meeting went by in a flash, hardly giving me enough time to ready myself for the rest of the day. Blaring out, the bell gave the signal for school to begin.


© Copyright 2012 windsong (foreverlight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847631-Always-a-Price-chapter-1