*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847766-Selfless-Heartbreak
by Leigh
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1847766
A love story about one 16 year old man's ability to love more than believed possible.
Selfless Heartbreak



How does it feel to know you have found your one true love in high school? In a word, I would say: scary.



It all started in 5th grade. Very romantic, right? Well, this was the year I moved from Sacramento, California all the way to the small town of Saxapahaw, North Carolina. My mothers parents needed help running their family business and apparently we were the only people on the face of the planet who could help. If you have yet to pick it up, I would have rather not moved across the entire dang country and leave behind the place I grew up at. I would never again see the pool where I met my best friend Mae, I would no longer be able to see mountains out of my bedroom window, I would never again visit the town library and I would never kiss the cutest boy in my class Jeremy. Every memory I ever had and every stable thing in my life was taken away from me.



At some point, I was a loud, out-going child without a care in the world, or so I am told. When I was in fifth grade, I went to see the guidance counselor on a regular basis because my teacher found some of my writing to be upsetting. I thought the counselor just liked me more than the other students. My parents tell me that I progressed very quickly at a young age and could easily carry on conversations with adults at the age of five that blew everyone's mind. Something happened though, maybe in the move, maybe not, that caused me to stop progressing normally within my emotions. I am a sixteen year old girl who is emotionally about twelve or thirteen. And that just sucks.



As I went into middle school, I was shy and quiet. I preferred to read books over talking to kids my age. Somehow though, I made friends with the popular crowd and was included in many things they did. I always felt awkward though, like I did not quite belong and this made it difficult for me to talk to my friends. I was not a stranger to standing alone while they had fun.



Sixth grade ended, and with that so did my brief popularity. But all was well because I made friends with another shy girl, Elizabeth. We grew close fairly quickly and did most everything together. Towards the end of seventh grade, I had my first boyfriend. His name was Taylor.

******NOT FINISHED

© Copyright 2012 Leigh (theginger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847766-Selfless-Heartbreak