*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1848875-The-Elements
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kronos
Rated: · Prose · Philosophy · #1848875
Short prose poetry about the four mystical elements

EARTH

It is solid, unyielding matter. Thoughts can be fixed in permanent form through action performed on the material plane, routine and ritual become material through constant repetition  until they are etched indelibly on the human soul. . It is the pattern that forms life out of inanimate matter, and it is matter that it becomes after death. It is pattern, the force that gives thoughts their permanence , it is It is the order that staved off chaos and is the crux of meaning and significance.

FIRE

Fire represents pure unbridled energy, it is the key to both creation and destruction, one always involves the other. It is anger, rage and violence, but  it is also passion and all intense feelings ,whether positive or negative, creative or destructive. Without its energy there is inertia and stagnation. It represents change in the most drastic and fundamental nature. It is activity, motion, the primal force that gives life purpose and the power behind all patterns of thought.

AIR

It is ephemeral, shifting from moment to moment. It is the realm of concepts and ideas. They waft by, like the stars in the sky. All you need to do is reach out and snatch them from the ether before they are wafted away. It can be shaped by the will into thought constructs, mental experiments . Alone, without the pattern and the stability of earth, these patterns will vanish , and be replaced by countless variables, countless notes to haunting songs now forgotten.


WATER

A still, reflective pool, a crystal clear pond whose reveals secrets, hidden truths, but also lies and deception. Beneath the surface lies the depths of the human soul. Its waters can restore life, can heal and invigorate, but only in the midst of a strange disturbing dream, a deep sleep where there is no pain, but also no passion and drive. It is where you may be entranced by your own reflection, at which you stare as the years drift by without meaning , as you slowly age, then pass away, carried by the water flowing past your feet.

© Copyright 2012 Kronos (jondwelland at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1848875-The-Elements