*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849614-The-thing-in-the-corner
by Evan
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1849614
Second story, can't wait to see what people think of it.
First Entry
It’s there in the corner; I hear it breathing heavily as it eyes me shaking heavily under the covers. All I can think about at this point besides trying my hardest to keep still is why me? All I was doing was lying peacefully in bed on my laptop before I fell asleep. When suddenly there came a knock at the window, “who could that be?” I muttered to myself. I got up and peered out, I saw nothing but I hit my foot on the corner of my bed and let out a gasp, and upon recovering I looked up and was met by two glowing yellow eyes. A claw came to the window and screeched on it, and I dashed back to my bed. Why I didn’t leave the room entirely is beyond me now, but the thing in my corner is silently there now, watching my every move. I don’t know how it got in either, it must’ve let itself in at some point, because when I looked up from my covers the window was open and those eyes were in my corner, now with a smile bearing many rows of teeth, its body was rather large but I only got a glimpse as I was too afraid to look at it. I don’t know when it will come for me, but for now it just lies there, toying with me and growling to itself, I would make a run for it, but I think that’s what it wants me to do. But I’m out of options, so I might as well try, wish me luck.


Second Entry
Running did nothing; it didn’t even budge an inch when I got up to sprint out of the room. It must like its new home, my home, and I am certainly not its master not by any means. How am I supposed to compete for my own home with this thing, but why ponder such things when I should try to figure out what it is. I can’t go near it, even though it stays in my room, every time I try to go in it prepares to pounce, so I just run away. The only time I can see what it is doing to my room is when it leaves, to feed I’m assuming. And it has already made a mess of the place, spreading dirt and leaves on the floor, perhaps to make it look more like its original home. That’s all I know for now, I’ll update this if I find anything else.

Third Entry
I haven’t found a name for this thing yet, but I have gathered more information about it. But it has been a few days now, I had to find a way back to my living room as it has migrated to the lower floors of my home. Just last night it was in my kitchen as I got a snack, before it chased me out. I have moved to the basement now, it’s the only place left for me to hide from it, But I hear it at the door from time to time scratching, it must miss its toy. From what I have gathered, I don’t know what it is or where it even came from or if it is the only one of its kind. But its behavior has both intrigued and terrified me. It seems to move in, take its victim’s house over, keeping the owner around to toy with it, perhaps to keep itself entertained I don’t know. And turns its surroundings into what it remembers of its own home. Then I’ll assume it kills the former owner of the home, or at least if the owner tries to leave. I don’t think I’ll make it that far, it has pushed me to my last refuge in the basement, its taken the rest of the house, I’ll update this further if I’m still alive to tell anymore.

Fourth Entry
It broke through the wall of my final room, and with adrenaline filled veins I rushed to the attic of my house, and with all that happened I got to see what had become of my home, everything was destroyed from the floors to the walls, everything turned to this things liking. I can’t get out, it didn’t chase me here, it just sits there by the door, there is a window here, I might try to climb out of it, but I fear that it will hear me. I hear it moving, hunting me, climbing up the attic stairs. It’s there now, looking at me, probably for the last time. I should go now, wish me luc….

© Copyright 2012 Evan (weisbrod2200 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849614-The-thing-in-the-corner