*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849708-The-scene-reader
by Zynab
Rated: GC · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1849708
Contest entry for Horror inc. Daily slice
Walking in easy long strides, trying to hid her discomfort, Zoe entered Mac & Mac, one of the largest companies in the town and made her way into the elevator up onto the fifth floor where the murder had taken place.

"Zoe," Neville Matts, the executive manager called and waved her over. Feds were still around, but Neville must have told them who she was, so she was granted access.

She walked over to him and frowned. He had never looked this ruffled, this... Sad? The sheriff stood next to him and stretched out a hand without speaking. She took it silently.

The sheriff hated her doing her 'creepy' stuffs around his crime scenes, but everyone believed in her.

"Thank you for coming," Neville said wearily. "I know how hard and painful looking is for you... but I... We need to know. Katherine was one of our best employees."

Zoe nodded curtly. "Where?"

He turned on his heels and walked past two boxed shaped offices bounded with transparent glass and stopped infront of the third one.

"It's been cleaned up a little, but..."

Dread curled up in Zoe's stomach like it always did before she had to look in to a dead person's last agonizing moments.

"Thank you. I'd like to be alone now, please."

Neville nodded uncertainly and walked away with the Sheriff.

She rubbed her damp hands on her jeans and walked inside the office. Blood was splattered on the white tiled floor, she repressed a shudder and moved further in and sat on a desk.

She closed her eyes removed every thought from her head and opened her eyes. And then she saw.

And felt. He was going to kill her. She knew, because he'd told her in a not too sublime way.
He had stripped to his boxer shorts and was gradually removing her own clothes. She was gagged with a rag and as soon as he got the thin scrap of her lacy panties off, he tied both of her legs, wide open to each leg of the desk.

Her eyes were wide with fear and her lips trembled against the gag as she watched the bulge in his boxer shorts strain against the cotton material. She struggled against the bind in her hands. They cut through her wrists.

"I knew your body was gonna be a fabulous." he said. "Never knew it was going to be breath taking, my sweet."

She wished she could see his face, his voice sounded oddly familiar. She squirmed when he bent closer, her eyes pleading.

"No, no, my sweet. I've waited too long for this. I'm gonna take my time." He wriggled out of his boxers and knelt between her legs, pushed his arousal inside her and watched her eyes grow wider with pain.

He smiled, but of course she didn't see him. He rose, and plunged deeper, revelling at the sound of her muffled groans.

"Ah, my sweet... So sweet" he drove into her again, but he couldn't get the release he needed. He removed the gag from her mouth, picked up his knife and thrusted it in her heaving stomach.

He heard her scream in his head, and closed his eyes in ecstasy.
"PLEASE!" she managed to scream again.

"Yes!" he cried, pushing his hips deep into hers. She writhed under him, he pulled out the knife and stabbed it in again,

"NO, PLEASE. AM SORRY!"

She jerked, and cried out again. He felt a galaxy of stars burst in his head. He watched as blood slipped down, he felt it at the juncture of her thighs and sighed.

"Please, my sweet," he begged, reached up, pulled a handful of her pale, glossy hair around his fist and tugged her down for a hard savage kiss. Her eyes rolled back in pain, he slapped her.

"No, no. Wait." He ran his free hand down her throat, her sweaty breasts and down to the loops of gut that had sprawled out of her stomach. He raised his knife again, slashed it down her throat twice and gave out a guttural cry as he poured himself into her.

It was a long while before his skin cooled. He stood up, his mask slipped off as he picked up his boxer shorts. He pulled it up quickly andd shrugged. She hadn't seen him.


Zoe opened her eyes, face down, her breath coming in painful hard gasps.

"Oh God," She cried quietly, her body shaking uncontrollably. What now? The door opened and the Zoe sprang to her feet watching as the he walked in.

"I offered to stay until you were through. Did you get anything?"

She shook her head, tried to sound calm. "Just the usual. The same. He wore a mask... I couldn't see..."

Strong hands closed painfully around her hand, She looked up at him in fear as he snarled. "Oh, yes you did, you saw my face when the mask slipped off. And I think its for the best, now I don't have to worry about you all the time."

He brought out the same knife he'd used on Katherine.

"Please," She pleaded, her nose flaring. "I wont tell."

"Oh yes, you will my dear."

She felt the pain, hot and swift as the knife was plunged into her. Once. Twice.
She fell to her knees and then on floor. Dead.

No one saw the Sherif leave the building, a dark patch of blood on his boots.
© Copyright 2012 Zynab (zynscash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849708-The-scene-reader