*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850037-First-Impressions
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #1850037
Sarah brings home a new boyfriend to meet her family.
“So, how did things go with my brothers? Did you have a good time today?”  Sarah and her boyfriend, Jim, were driving home from his first visit with her family on the cattle ranch where she was raised.

She was a bit concerned about the welcome he had received from her family, especially her three older brothers. Sarah was sure he’d at least be suffering a bit of culture shock since he grew up in an urban environment.

“Surprisingly well, I think, although you could have warned me about the gravel roads. My chrome mud flaps won’t ever be the same. At least we didn’t get stuck in the mud during the five-mile trek from your mailbox to the house.”

Sarah grinned. “And I think you handled the bullet holes in our front door very well. You didn’t even bat an eye.”

“I held my own with the rifle practice,” Jim boasted. “I think your brothers were impressed with my shooting ability.”

“I bet they don’t forget about your dirt bike incident for a while.” Sarah laughed out loud as she remembered Jim riding the motorcycle right into the closed gate. “I can’t believe you didn’t see my sister shut it when she returned from the pasture on horseback.” She continued, “How many fence posts did you take out?”

“Only the corner post and two more posts down the line – that’s all!” Jim grimaced as he rubbed his shoulder. “I think I might have broken my collar bone though.”

Sarah leaned in to give Jim a quick buss on the lips. “Poor baby. I’ll kiss you and make it feel better.”

“The worst part was what your brother Jack said. He threatened to paint all the fence posts a neon pink color so I would be sure to see them.”
© Copyright 2012 Maggie McCullough (fiare at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850037-First-Impressions