*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850593-Random-Bits
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1850593
It's random. So very, very random.
The teddy bear sat next to the crocodile plushie, looking very bored.

“Hey,” said the teddy bear, “You ever wonder about soup?”

“What about it?” answered the crocodile plushie.

“I dunno, it’s just… you know soup’s basically water, right?” The crocodile sat up and turned to his friend.

“What?”

“I mean, that’s basically it,” continued the teddy bear, “It’s just water with a whole bunch of other stuff in it.”

“There’s more to soup than that,” retorted the crocodile, frowning slightly. “It’s filling, it heats you up, it makes for a good appetizer, things like that. Don’t just dismiss it, man.”

“Fine, fine,” grumbled the teddy bear, “Doesn’t mean I have to like it.” A pause settled over the room, now that they had nothing to talk about. Just when the teddy bear got bored again and needed to talk about nothing in particular, in walked a pink elephant.

“What are you two doing?” asked the pink elephant.

“Nothing,” answered the crocodile. The pink elephant sat himself down next to the pair.

“What do you guys do for fun when you get bored?” asked the pink elephant.

“Do random stuff,” said the teddy bear, “Play games, snipe people with Nerf blasters, get ice cream, you know.”

“Hey,” said the crocodile suddenly, “Have either of you two ever thought about the meaning of life?”

“No, but I’m sure it involves chocolate,” said the teddy bear. The other two looked at the teddy bear quizzically.

“Are you sure?” asked the pink elephant.

“Definitely,” answered the teddy bear, “If life’s so important, shouldn’t something awesome like chocolate have something to do with it, right?”

“How about you?” said the crocodile to the pink elephant. The pink elephant gave his answer some thought first.

“I think I agree with him,” said the pink elephant, nodding at the teddy bear. “Life should have more chocolate, don’t you think?” The crocodile’s eye twitched, but he shrugged in a way that seemed to say ‘Ask a serious question, get a nonsense answer.’

“Now that we’re talking about chocolate, who wants ice cream?” said the teddy bear.

“Sure,” said the pink elephant, “Want to try out that new place next to the rainbow bridge?”

“Yeah!” The teddy bear and the pink elephant led the way, the crocodile plushie following behind, wondering at what a random world it was.
© Copyright 2012 Mr. Javier (mrjavitrinidad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850593-Random-Bits