*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853719-Henry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1853719
An opening to a short story I was thinking of writing.
Marcus had gone too far this time, Henry was not happy, a small vein by his right temple bulged slightly.
“What did you just say?” He grumbled. He knew exactly what had been said but wanted to see if Marcus had the guts to say it again.
“I said it is your fault your brother died. I mean most people would have easily stopped that dog, not you though, you’re too much of a chicken.” Marcus grinned, Henry was not so happy.
Henry closed his eyes, imagined hitting Marcus square on the nose, how good that would feel, so good in fact he decided it was his only course of action. Clenched fist he stepped towards the tall, blonde haired adolescent. He pulled back his arm and with all he could muster swung for Marcus, before the satisfying crack of bone breaking could occur, however, he woke up.
This always happened to Henry. He would always wake up at the best bit of every dream. The one where he as just about to kiss Mrs Finley from next door, or the time he was just about to open an extra-large jumbo pack of magic gaming cards, or, and more upsetting than any other for Henry, the time he was just about to eat one of his grandma’s famous roasts. It would seem his luck in dreams was about the same as his luck in real life, with girls, gaming and food.
None of the girls in his school liked Henry in the way that he wanted them to. His computer was old and outdated, unable to run any of the games his classmates were currently obsessing over and his grandma had been dead for 3 years so those lovely roasts were a thing of history.
Blurry eyed, Henry looked over at the L.E.D, shark alarm clock on his bedside table, 06.58, was the time, two minutes before it would go off and Henry would have to face another day of college. It wasn’t that he didn’t like college, he enjoyed getting out of the house, he enjoyed learning how to speak French and how to program computers, what he didn’t enjoy were the constant reminders that he wasn’t quite as good as the others in any way that mattered.
BEEP!
The alarm went off and Henry rolled out of bed, his left leg had gone sort of dead in the night so now had pins and needles, this was nothing new, just another one of the things he had to deal with a lot of the time. He hopped over to the bathroom, opening the door was like a portal to the 70’s. The bath was green, the sink was green, even the door was green, in fact the only thing that wasn’t green was the glass of the mirror and that was covered n all sorts of stuff he would rather not think about just before breakfast.
© Copyright 2012 T. A. Rigg (riggy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853719-Henry