*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1854293-Henors-Dream-from-Tale-of-a-Heroes-Band
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1854293
An Excerpt from my novel, a Tale of a Heroes Band
An Excerpt from my novel, A Tale of a Hero's Band:




Obviously not accustomed to children, he was completely unprepared when the interrogation continued with the old retinue of “What time is it?” “Are we there yet?” and “How much longer?” repeated in endless, varying combinations and styles. Henor, eventually himself annoyed by this process, gave up and turned, as all children will do after exhausting their tapes of questions, to watch the world go by. As all that was in his vision appeared together in his cyclopean perception, he could truly see the ever-moving nature to the universe. He saw the world turn as the horses trotted over it, he saw the birds flying in the moving wind, and the trees shake and waves break; all at the same time. For when most see the world, they cannot see more than one at a time. If one's view is so limited, it is impossible to comprehend this motion for it is assumed that one can thus see movement. But to see it this way is no, for until it is seen as one, all other things stop when your focus is changed. There is then no harmony, no beauty in movement. It is like watching an angry ant hill—at first one stares at a small group and is met with the sight of only a few ants. If he then allows his gaze to loosen, he can see a million spiraling ants of twisting, turning, illusions of a fantastic day dream of reality. Slowly the day dream slipped from the surreal day as the sun slipped away and so did Henor's consciousness. This was the first time Henor saw things move.

They rested then for the night. As Henor looked to the stars, he saw it not only as just the individual dancer, he saw the entire ballroom sway and turn and flip and curtsey. As he watched it all move, he felt an uncontrollable, incomparable sense of smallness. Not a fear or a realization of being infinitesimal and unimportant to the whole, but a euphoric relief, wherein you can remove you stress. He saw himself as just being a non-central part of something whole, ever-changing, and beautiful. He had never imagined this feeling before. He thought of a good word to describe it. He eventually came to the conclusion that there was not any one word that perfectly and truly described and gave justice to this. He wondered if it was love.
© Copyright 2012 Cae Veiro (caetanos9907 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1854293-Henors-Dream-from-Tale-of-a-Heroes-Band