*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1854649-singles-discrimination
Rated: E · Monologue · Comedy · #1854649
the despicable discrimination single inividuals feel.
How thankful I am that the month of March has arrived. The month of February was too much to take in indeed. It was that feeling of melancholy and nostalgia that hit me the most and I could not help but feel sick the whole "love" month. The boyfriend I have been seeing for the past 10 months has left me for some younger "meat" as he proudly described her. Mind you, I am younger than 30.



I could not stop thinking of him though it has 7 months since the break up. Now  I was this lonely bitter single soul in this cold February month. While lovers stroll in the park hand in hand, they exchange expensive gifts, and open bottle of imported champagne, I, on the other hand stayed on one corner, head on my knees rocking back and forth, back and forth. I could not stand the unfairness shown to me. Is this not a democratic country? Everyone entitled to equal rights, why then must single people such as I must suffer such inferiorness.



Why must everyone adore this brutal big baby with an endearing name, Cupid, when he is indeed responsible for many crimes, injuries, and insanity; for example staring in bare spaces and smiling for no reason at all!



Picture it. A lonely old man sitting on a bench. Cupid, in his childish mind thought the old man needed some love. So he shoots to the poor old man who then falls in love with a child sitting next to him. The old man was then imprisoned for pedophilia.

Why- why I ask of you must people celebrate such a horrendous icon. Unecessary expenses are squandered to feed the greedy commercial market while poverty and hunger in third world countries prevail and even worsen as the rich become richer.



There are many who are deprived on this particular day. Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to break this nations apart, nor am I trying to turn love birds into angry birds.There are still many way to celebrate one's "love" through anniversaries, or since most relationships don't last that long, there's always monthsaries, or even weeksaries. In order to unify this nation, we must walk in peace. Discrimination is never an option even how subtle it is. Everyone must be incorporated and no one eliminated. Everyone must be equal rights and freedom no matter what the

relationship status.
© Copyright 2012 ellen galupo (elle gal) (ellej3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1854649-singles-discrimination